Article Review: ExplorOz Traveller Feedback & FAQ

My Article Rating: My Rating 2/5

Hi. Have loaded app and places and trek. All good on online maps. App crashes when I try to load Base pack maps. Have enabled location settings and turned iPad mini off and restarted. Have plenty of avail space. Internet is working. Happy playing with online maps but will need base maps to load. Thx margaret
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Saturday, Jun 11, 2016 at 15:29

Saturday, Jun 11, 2016 at 15:29
Margaret,

This is most puzzling - do you get any messages or can you let me know what happens when you press Download (and which download) - I suspect base but need to be sure exactly when, where and if it says anything?

BTW: I am about the release a fix to iOS to allow operation with location services disabled. But if there is a map download issue I would love to solve this if it needs some coding adjustment before I publish the next version.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 601224

Follow Up By: Member - marg-rich - Saturday, Jun 11, 2016 at 22:11

Saturday, Jun 11, 2016 at 22:11
Hi. Thank you
Have downloaded. Places
Have downloaded trek
When I go to download base pack
Download. 1/1 Done
Extract 1/1
Reading. Drops out Screen goes blank then back to my iPad screen showing all my apps.
Does not give any error messages
I have 5g of available space
Internet working ok.
Thx margaret
FollowupID: 870606

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 12:41

Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 12:41
Margaret,

Firstly sorry you are having some troubles with this, we will solve it.

The first step I would like to take is to Delete the Maps Database and see if we can start it up again. To do this boot the app and go into settings user the cog icon in the upper RHS of the home screen. Then at the bottom of the screen select Advanced. On the advanced screen select "Clear Maps DB" and confirm this on the next pop up that appears. Then close the app (double touch home bottom andn swipe the app up and away). Then open it again and try the download.

If this fails then I would suggest we try a re-install - to do this close the app again as above. Then press and hold the app icon on the iPad menu screen until the icons all start to wobble. Then press on the "X" in the apps icon. This will remove it from your machine. Then jump into the App Store and download it again please. When installed open up - enter your account settings and then Data Manager install Places & Treks and Base Map - do not worry about any other maps or settings at this point, we need to ensure it is working before you do anything else.

Please give the above a go and report back to me with the progress in this post.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 870634

Follow Up By: Member - marg-rich - Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 18:59

Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 18:59
Have delete app
Installed app again
Same problem
Am over this and would like to know obviously, how other people are getting on, this must also be happening.
Need a fix.
Margaret
FollowupID: 870645

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 19:06

Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 19:06
Margaret,

That is most frustrating. We have several hundred installs at the moment and to be honest my current understanding is that there is only yourself with this problem. Hence I am really trying to give best steps to see what on earth is going on. I am unable to reproduce this problem. Could you do me another favour please jump onto the apps About page and provide me the details shown for Version, UserID, Platform. I do not need the device id at this point.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 870646

Follow Up By: Member - marg-rich - Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 20:36

Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 20:36
I agree frustrating but really want to use fir our upcoming trip.
The app info us
Version. 1-6-15
Use I'd 113679
Platform. 105-8.4

Thx
Margaret
FollowupID: 870649

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 21:04

Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 21:04
Margaret,

I will look into the user id settings tomorrow but firstly will ask if there is any reason you are still on iOS 8.4? iOS 9 is a much better platform and should be any easily available update for your device.

From the settings app you should go into general and be able to update to iOS 9.3. I must admit most of our testing has been done on iOS 9 as this has been around for some time!

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 870650

Follow Up By: Member - marg-rich - Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 21:06

Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 21:06
Will u grade now and try again
Have not bothered as no prob with any other use
Margaret
FollowupID: 870651

Follow Up By: Member - marg-rich - Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 23:22

Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 23:22
Have update on iPad.
Deleted app and re installed.
Pleased to say seems to be working.
Will check notes to get the most out of it

Margaret
FollowupID: 870654

Follow Up By: Member - marg-rich - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:49

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2016 at 10:49
Hi. Have now left on trip but find explorer app drops out after loading maps
Any ideas. ??? Thx
FollowupID: 871251

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:02

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2016 at 11:02
Margaret,

Ah no real clue we have done extensive travel on iPad with the app. When you say drops out after loading maps are you saying that you go into the Map view from the button on the home page and then is just goes back to the apple menu screen or is it something else? I need to understand exactly what it does if I am to have any chance at finding it as like I mentioned on iOS 9 we have driven it around in many devices for many months in fact without something like this happening.

Have you selected Offline maps as the main map type from the Map Layer control on the map screen or is there a problem when you drop out of service and it trues to switch to offline map mode.

I am sure we can resolve it I just need to know precisely what is going on.

David

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 871252

Sponsored Links