Article Review: ExplorOz Traveller Feedback & FAQ

My Article Rating: My Rating 4/5

Initially the app crashed on my iPad 3 Air WiFi because of an issue with my Location Services but this was very very quickly resolved by Michelle. Support from Exploroz is excellent!!! It appears, although I stand to be corrected, as though Location Services must be enabled even though you only want to look at maps and not do any navigation, but once I had it working I didn't pursue it my further. I did find lots of commentary on this subject on the forum afterwards but I still got the crash even though I was using the latest version.
First impressions are that the maps and points and various overlays are presented in a very usable form and I'm looking forward to taking it on my next trip in a couple of weeks.
There's a raft of features that should be there but aren't yet - hopefully in the plan though??? It will need some way to import/export waypoint files as GPX on a PC. Currently the only way I can see is to create a "Private" point in the app but these can only be created manually and stay on the iPad.
It would also be very convenient to locate the results of a search on the map , e.g have a "view on map" option along with the other info.
The navigation tool also needs some work, e.g if I navigate from SE QLD to Alice Springs it ignores the Plenty Highway and takes you up through Camooweal instead - so an option to include/not include dirt roads would be useful.
So... very good start and I'm looking forward to more features!!
TonyB

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Saturday, Jun 11, 2016 at 15:50

Saturday, Jun 11, 2016 at 15:50
TonyB,

Thanks for the reports. I am about the release a version with the ability to run with Location Services disabled V1.7.2 (it will use your last know position for the calculations).

We are also working on some details/FAQ docs for battery management and exactly how the GPS timers work.

You are correct about the private data and imports. We are certainly planning on most of these functions to be added fairly quickly. One thing we were conscious of was trying to get the app out whilst we still had a travelling season and we decided the feedback we get would be the best way for us to ensure we are building an app that you all want to use rather than us thinking we know best. So with this in mind we worked to get a really solid base product out and steer our progress from feedback. So thanks for yours and please feel free to keep it coming there is no real limit to what we can do.

BTW: To get a concise driving direction trace make shorter legs and use a Place or marker on the Plenty Highway as this will force the router to go that way. If we were on a machine with a mouse you can actually click and drag the road around to change the route (I am working on making this touchable, which will allow you to drag the directions line to the Plenty and it will recalc). In terms of export if you enable Track Logging (EOTrackMe) you will be able to Save/Export/Share and Store your routes at the moment (but not import as yet but it will come from the User Route system). Map displayed search results thanks.

I am going to build a development requests system for the app so once this is in place there will be a specific area to post your idea and monitor the progress of it.

Thanks Again
David

We would also really appreciate it if you do not mind in putting a review into the App or Play stores as this will help others that find the app outside of the ExplorOz audience.
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 601226

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Jun 11, 2016 at 15:50

Saturday, Jun 11, 2016 at 15:50
Thanks Tony. I believe David and I both started to reply at same time so I've deleted my more detailed response and will let him handle that.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 601227

Sponsored Links