Bullbar for terracan

Submitted: Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 13:52
ThreadID: 13272 Views:5840 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Just wondering if any of Terracan owners have put a bullbar on. I have checked out a couple over here in WA and wanted to see what was available east before I buy.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: dingbat - Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 19:48

Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 19:48
Skiddy,
Weve had our highlander for two weeks here in the ACT and have ordered the ECB(East Coast Bullbars) series 2 63mm nudge bar through TJM as could not find full replacement bar and did not like other options(by ECB and Parkside Bullbars).
The nudgebar is shaped as per the letter A(with a flattened top) which should provide protection for the extra lights and is similar to factory nudge bar. Would like real sahara type bar but probably could not justify extra($1k) expense anyway.
Would other Terracan forumites please note that I would be interested in an informal ideas etc exchange for the Terracan as has been mentioned in other posts.
Good luck with your search for a suitable bar.
Ding
AnswerID: 60794

Reply By: Jimbo - Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 21:10

Saturday, May 29, 2004 at 21:10
Don't know of anything in Melb off the shelf. We are owners (I don't get mine until Tuesday) of a fairly new, low volume vehicle. Custom made is probably the way to go. This will be a little more expensive but if you take enough time and ring enough people you will do allright. After all it is only a case of finding someone who is willing to take some steel or aluminium and bend it into the right shape. A few hours on the phone will save you money.

I tried to get a rear wheel carrier as I originally intended to fit LPG. None available "off the shelf", but after calling enough people I found a number of cost effective solutions. There is always someone out there looking for work, and they are rarely the well known "experts".

Given what you have saved as opposed to buying a Prado or Pajero ($15 - 30,000) it's a small sacrifice to pay.

Good Luck,

Jim.
AnswerID: 60807

Follow Up By: Savvas - Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 23:40

Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 23:40
Not so simple unfortunately. Because of the need to design and test a bullbar that doesn't affect airbag operation, the manufacture of bullbars for low volume vehicles becomes an issue.

A custom made job that doesn't render the vehicle technically unroadworthy would cost a helluva lot of money.
FollowupID: 322530

Reply By: snow - Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 14:17

Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 14:17
Gidday Skiddy

Mate of mine recently bought a new Highlander Tcan and had a local alloy bar fella custom build one for his. I believe he made a prototype and had all appropriate tests carried out and achieved compliance or whatever etc. We are in SE Qld though, but if you are interested I could take some pics and e them to you. Might be of some help in considering designs etc. Anyways drop me an e mail and remind me if interested. (gd2001au@yahoo.com.au)
AnswerID: 60868

Sponsored Links