Blog Review: First Solo Adventures in The Granny Flat.

My Blog Rating: My Rating 4/5

Inspirational Heather. When I retired 2.5 years ago and bought a Prado and a Cub camper our first real trip included Mallacoota and we stayed where you did although on an unpoered site rite on the water. LOVED IT.
On a trip with my brother through SA, NT and Qld last year met an 83 year old woman travelling on her own in Winton who was also an inspiration. Her husband had died whilst they were on the road with caravan about 16 years previously. She also sold the van and 4x4 as she had difficulty with it and she was in a smaller camper van which her son has equipped beautifully. She has been on the road every since and has racked up over 400,000 km - she has done the Gibb River Road 3 times and knew all of the aboriginal history and stories from her travels.
She goes home once a year to see her kids and grandkids and to check out her home on the north coast on NSW.
You remind me of her - determined and very competent.
Good luck.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Member-Heather MG NSW - Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 19:56

Sunday, Jun 12, 2016 at 19:56
Thanks Terry...sometimes I feel like I am 83 although I am really only 65. Its been a bloody hard 7 months! I hope I can achieve even half of those kms and I would LOVE to do the Gibb River Road and the Great Central Road one day...might have to wait until they are sealed! lol.
regards,
Heather
Of all the paths you take in life, make sure a few of them are dirt. John Muir

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 601263

Reply By: hooks - Monday, Jun 13, 2016 at 10:31

Monday, Jun 13, 2016 at 10:31
Hi Terry,

Was her name Dee ?

Bob.
AnswerID: 601279