Quest Camping Trailers Information

Submitted: Monday, Jun 13, 2016 at 17:05
ThreadID: 132734 Views:2025 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hello,
Has anyone got info on the Quest Camping Trailers, similar to a Jayco Swan etc. Or after info on another good make from experienced owners like a Coromal, Gold stream etc looking for one with an ensuit.
Cheers
Richard
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Alex K (NSW) - Friday, Jul 29, 2016 at 20:55

Friday, Jul 29, 2016 at 20:55
Hi Richard,
I'm looking for a similar unit and checked out their factory today. Happy to share notes if you're still looking.
Alex
AnswerID: 602921

Follow Up By: 410 - Saturday, Jul 30, 2016 at 07:32

Saturday, Jul 30, 2016 at 07:32
Hi Alex,
Sounds good, would appreciate that. What is the best way to share notes ?
I actually have a camping trailer that I am selling. Don't know if it is of interest to you, but if you would like a look you will find it on Gumtree and Caravan and Camping Sales, $15,500 in the Gloucester area NSW.
Kind Regards
Richard
FollowupID: 872563

Reply By: Member - Alex K (NSW) - Wednesday, Aug 03, 2016 at 08:35

Wednesday, Aug 03, 2016 at 08:35
Hi Richard,
My requirements essentially were simple. I needed an off-road camper which had toilet and shower. The off-road capability required meant it had to be as small as possible with single axle, therefore traditional caravans were not considered. 80% of the time the camper would be home to a single couple and two small dogs but also wanted an extra bed to offer extra internal space when setup and for the infrequent friends who'd travel with us.

The style which seemed to provide best to these requirements was the pop-top caravan style with pull out beds offered by Jayco, Quest and Goldstream. Jayco didn't offer an internal toilet/shower so the list was short.

I checked out Goldstream Wing 3 ST at Parravans, Windsor. It was a good unit which would essentially meet my requirements but there was little in the way of customisation possible and expensive. They have a large factory (which I couldn't speak directly too) in Melbourne and they just pump them out to distributors nationally.

I started talking to Quest RV. This is a family run business who build everything from the ground up. Full customisation was possible and nothing was too hard or shied away from. We spent 2 hours with Ash and Graham in their small factory at Pakenham, they had 5-6 vans at different stages of construction are were very helpful walking through every part of the van and every option possible.

Let me know if you want more info or have questions.

Alex

AnswerID: 603052

Follow Up By: 410 - Wednesday, Aug 03, 2016 at 10:15

Wednesday, Aug 03, 2016 at 10:15
Hi Alex,
Thank you for the information. I too have spoken to Quest and was told by them that they were formally Goldstream ??
Quest built a good looking unit and are very nice people to speak to. We are after one with a toilet/shower and needs to sleep a family of 5, which they can do.
I appreciate your time and feedback.
Kind Regards
Richard
FollowupID: 872710

Follow Up By: Member - Alex K (NSW) - Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 18:30

Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 18:30
Hi Richard,
Yes, that's right. Graham was a founder or heavily involved with Goldstream at the very least.

Order is in. Can't wait to get it in October.

Cheers,
Alex
FollowupID: 872789

Sponsored Links