Lorella Springs update please

Submitted: Sunday, Jun 19, 2016 at 16:25
ThreadID: 132808 Views:2580 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi

Our neighbours in Darwin are considering going to Lorella Springs in July school holidays. They have 10 days.
I have recently spoken to people whist in the Gulf that have said that most of the water holes at Lorella are dry due to a poor wet season.
They will not be taking a boat and will have a camper trailer in tow.
We have been there with boat in tow as my profile pictures show.
Can we please get the following information for them.
Water holes on the station, still have lots of water?
Distance to these holes from the main camp ground, probably in driving time would be the most relevant.
Our memories of the camp ground were pleasant but not somewhere you would drive 1000k to camp at.
We would go back again but only if we had a boat, then again we haven't seen the "new" places that have been opened up in recent years.
Your thoughts folks?

Thanks

Lyndon
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Malcom M - Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 07:22

Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 07:22
I believe they have a phone number. Why not ring them and get the real current status?
AnswerID: 601620

Follow Up By: Member - lyndon NT - Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 08:10

Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 08:10
from what I got told via the grape vine recently and what prospective visitors are getting told seems to differ a little.................................

Cheers
Now is the only time you own
Decide now what you will,
Place faith not in tomorrow
For the clock may then be still

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 871135

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 21:38

Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 21:38
We're going there on Wednesday for a while.
We're at Cape Crawford and haven't heard anything negative about Lorella from anyone going up or coming back.
We're going to Bauhina Downs for a night or so before going to Lorella.
We'll be away from phones for a fortnight but if you send a message to me that will remind to give you some feedback when we get back to Borroloola.

Steve
AnswerID: 601670

Follow Up By: Member - Andrew L (WA) - Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 23:25

Monday, Jun 20, 2016 at 23:25
Please post what you find at Lorella Springs in this thread as we are thinking of heading there a month and would be interested in your impression.
FollowupID: 871201

Follow Up By: LAZYLUX16 - Wednesday, Jun 22, 2016 at 23:11

Wednesday, Jun 22, 2016 at 23:11
Hiya Eighty Mate I am still stuck in freezing Adelaide .Did you do Simpson if so how was it ? Hopefully get outa here soon and head straight up Stuart Hwy to get some sun and thaw out ..I might come back vua Birdville in September should be great with all the wildflowers and maybe Lake Eyre still have some water in it .Cheers enjoy wherever you are ..Steve
FollowupID: 871275

Sponsored Links