Place Comment: Daly Waters

Worth a visit. Cold beer and the Barra bites were delicious. Catered for the GF traveller too. Great atmosphere and lovely people
Dave&Helen

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Life Member - Duncan W (WA) - Sunday, Jun 26, 2016 at 18:50

Sunday, Jun 26, 2016 at 18:50
Dave & Helen got to agree really great spot. Is Frank still providing the entertainment? When we were there I've never seen my wife laugh as much as she did while watching Frank.

Cheers

Dunc
Dunc
Make sure you give back more than you take

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 601844

Follow Up By: Life Member-Doug T NSW - Sunday, Jun 26, 2016 at 23:04

Sunday, Jun 26, 2016 at 23:04
Haaa yes I pulled in there en route from El Arish to Adelaide River back in August 2008 and around 1:30 pm it was empty and I thought wow this will be good and quiet as no one is here....

But holy cow didn't it change about 4:00 pm , I had realllll close neighbours

and by Sunset it was packed out..

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 871397

Follow Up By: Life Member - Duncan W (WA) - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 10:17

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 10:17
LOL, Doug when we were there Chook pointed us in the direction of the oval to set up the tent and we had the pick of the place but as you said by 4:30 or so it was so packed in the caravan area that people had to squeeze in and out of their van doors they were packed in that tight. Come morning they vanished as quickly as they arrived. Worse thing was the bloody backpackers in their wiz-bangs.

Tip for anybody camping there don't wash your hair with normal soap; I did and my hair was like it was full of wax. Heaviest water I've ever experienced.

Cheers

Dunc
Dunc

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 871401

Follow Up By: Life Member-Doug T NSW - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 11:55

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 11:55
G'day Duncan, yes I can relate to salty water shower at Baladonia in 1967, had a shower and couldn't get the comb through the hair, I mentioned the problem to someone behind the counter and they sold me a cake of soap that nearly knocked me over when I read the name , Haaaa here's a link to the name , but the packaging back ib 1967 wasn't flash as it is today

Hard Water Soap

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 871403

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 16:31

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 16:31
Monogrammed soap yet????

Alright for some of us...........lol

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 871413

Follow Up By: Life Member - Duncan W (WA) - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 16:47

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 16:47
Thing is Doug I had some of that hard water soap that your link shows and I didn't think I'd need it! Hindsight is such a beautiful thing.
Dunc

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 871415

Follow Up By: Steve in Kakadu - Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 20:03

Monday, Jun 27, 2016 at 20:03
Hey Doug happy birthday for the other day, the campground has been extended to across the road.They have now made a backpacker come tent ground.

It is actually up for sale, If I had a spare $3 million I would buy it.

However every time Lindsay and Robyne have tried to sell it they pull out because they love the place and that is why it is successful, wet season dry season it is always full.

Love the publicans love the pub, I can't remember how many times I have been there.
FollowupID: 871421

Follow Up By: Life Member-Doug T NSW - Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:21

Tuesday, Jun 28, 2016 at 10:21
Thanks Steve , if I had a spare 3 million I'd be having a good time for the rest of my life ...what's left of it
gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 871443

Reply By: Member - Robyn R4 - Thursday, Jun 30, 2016 at 22:48

Thursday, Jun 30, 2016 at 22:48
We loved it too. Don't come in too late in peak season -try to be there by 3 or you'll be out on the back "road". ..or you may even miss out altogether!
The bathrooms were little self-contained ones and pretty clean considering all the red dust around! Maybe all those surrounding vans had en suites because we always found a vacant bathroom immediately.
They did a decent job of feeding many people and the food was decent! The entertainment was good too.
The sort of wonderfully trusting outback place where you fill up your car & then come into the bar to tell how much you owe...
AnswerID: 601999

Reply By: vk1dx - Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 09:19

Friday, Jul 01, 2016 at 09:19
A story July/2007 we rocked up for a night in a cabin (no 4WD this trip). While paying at the bar I asked if they were watching the Rugby game that night re Australia vs New Zealand. Out of the kitchen come a deep "lady's" voice that would make a buffalo cringe. "We certainly are" in a typical NZ accent. Even my non-sports following wife, enjoyed the night. It was on.

With an atmosphere like the Daly Waters pub and a crowd pleasing staff, who would dare drive past without even dropping in and having a break.

Phil

AnswerID: 602006

Sponsored Links