Article Comment: ExplorOz Traveller Feedback & FAQ

Updated to V1.8.8 and now app won't open on our Samsung Tablet, Android 4.4.4. Sent feedback via app. Message we receive - unfortunately Exploroz has stopped working
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - nick b - Saturday, Jul 02, 2016 at 12:02

Saturday, Jul 02, 2016 at 12:02
G'Day Rob : I'v up dated my asus tablet working okay apart from , i cant turn it off with back button :( ????

when i was having problems with the app when i 1st installed it ...I.E " unfortunately Exploroz has stopped working " & shutting down by its self .
i uninstall & reinstall ..... worked after that ...
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 602041

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Saturday, Jul 02, 2016 at 14:11

Saturday, Jul 02, 2016 at 14:11
Rob,

I can see the crash log in the play store - can you please try restarting your device. Should never need to uninstall/reinstall. I can see the error but not sure why this has occurred suspect you may have been running when it updated or something but a simple reboot of your device should sort it.

Please let me know?
David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 602043

Follow Up By: Member - Rob69 - Sunday, Jul 03, 2016 at 16:46

Sunday, Jul 03, 2016 at 16:46
Hi David, yes we have done that and yesterday after a number of restarts had it working whilst driving, went to open app again today and had the same problem. Restarted again a number of times but didn't get it going today. App stops working at different places each time, sometimes at the start up screen and sometimes we can click on Map but stops working after that. Regards Rob
FollowupID: 871659

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Jul 04, 2016 at 12:15

Monday, Jul 04, 2016 at 12:15
OK Rob,

The work around to fix Track Logging on Android < 5 must be not working. I am booting my test device and will see if I can duplicate and work out a solution. I will publish this to a Beta version test area on the Play Store and will invite you via email to try the Beta version - There is nothing to be worried about with this is is simply a new release of the app that is only available via email invitation - it will not effect your map download/settings or other it will juts install the same as it would a new release from the Play Store.

Give me a few hours to find, duplicate and test then I will place the update in Beta.

David

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 602069

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Jul 04, 2016 at 14:40

Monday, Jul 04, 2016 at 14:40
Rob,

I have sent you a link to be able to collect the Beta Version of 1.8.9 which should resolve your issue. Please try it and let me know ASAP how it goes.

David

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 602073

Follow Up By: Member - Rob69 - Wednesday, Jul 06, 2016 at 18:39

Wednesday, Jul 06, 2016 at 18:39
Sorry we haven't done this yet David. Will do so ASAP. We have actually decided to purchase an 8" Samsung tablet with more storage so we can download all the offline maps as well but still have the other one so will get onto this for you soon.
FollowupID: 871753

Sponsored Links