Article Comment: ExplorOz Traveller Feedback & FAQ

Hi, I'm interested in getting the ExplorOz Traveller app. I will be purchasing/installing it on my wife's android tablet using her Google Play login. Can I use the ETopo maps I have already purchased under my name? Will I have any licensing or user issues? Presently, we are using the OziExplorer app on the tablet. Cheers, Kim (Muddy_Mux)
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - nick b - Saturday, Jul 09, 2016 at 21:05

Saturday, Jul 09, 2016 at 21:05
Kim : this from the "our app " down the bottom of this page .bit to read there ...

~The Premium Offline Map Pack can be installed at no additional charge for existing owners of the EOTopo200K raster mapset, or purchased in-app for $49.99.

what version of androids have you got ?

cheers
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 602256

Follow Up By: Member - Muddy_Mux - Saturday, Jul 09, 2016 at 23:39

Saturday, Jul 09, 2016 at 23:39
Thanks for the reply Nickb. We have a Samsung Note 10.1 running on 4.1.2, which should run the app.

So, I should be able to install the app on my wife's tablet using her google account and download the Premium Offline Map Pack because of my previous purchase of EOTopo. And not have any issues with license or user accounts?
FollowupID: 871857

Follow Up By: Member - nick b - Sunday, Jul 10, 2016 at 05:30

Sunday, Jul 10, 2016 at 05:30
The thing is the tracking on andriods version 4 series is having some issues &
You should be made aware of ,
there is a fasebook page been set up just for the travellers app . David has been working on this problem .
The samsung is 16 gb i think ,
The offline are of large size .
Cheers
Cheers Nick b

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 871858

Follow Up By: Zebra400 - Sunday, Jul 10, 2016 at 11:35

Sunday, Jul 10, 2016 at 11:35
Yes, I am having issues with this App. I have found, even without the premium maps installed, the App is using up 4.5GB of my internal memory on my 10 inch Samsung Android tablet.
I have written to David about this, as this is a huge App. No other App on my tablet is larger than 400MB and I can also load my maps on other maps (such as Ozi & Metroview) on my external micro SD card.
My Tablet has 12GB of internal memory, so with all the Apps I am running, I have now run out of memory to successfully run the ExplorOz Traveller App.
So, if you have a lot of internal memory, then the App is fine.
BTW, I am also running OziExplorer on my tablet. It uses 46.5MB of internal memory & I have over 50GB of maps on my external SD card.
FollowupID: 871861

Follow Up By: Member - Muddy_Mux - Sunday, Jul 10, 2016 at 11:45

Sunday, Jul 10, 2016 at 11:45
Our main tablet has 2GB RAM with 32GB storage on-board (at the moment it has about 20 GB free) and another 32GB on SD also 3G, wifi etc. I made at the sure it was maxed out when I bought it so it might last a bit longer than a couple of years.... I think it’s time is getting close though.

Forgive me but I have purposely stayed away from facebook since its conception and only just starting to get my toes wet with ExploreOz over the last couple of days. I have read bits and pieces about the GPS issue with early Androids.

Is it worth while getting Traveller yet or shoud I wait??
FollowupID: 871862

Follow Up By: Member - wicket - Sunday, Jul 10, 2016 at 15:43

Sunday, Jul 10, 2016 at 15:43
Muddy
Not much point waiting as all updates are free. You've got plenty of space so go for it.
FollowupID: 871865

Follow Up By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 17:00

Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 17:00
Muddy-Mux,

As stated by wicket it will not cost you more moving forward and we are working on it all the time so you will not lose out. There have been some issues in pre 5 Android however this only effects Track Logging (EOTrackMe online tracking services). The front end traveller app with treks, places and mapping is working correctly.

The space issue reported by Zebra400 was related to deletion of loaded maps and we have resolved this for him at this point.

Anyway we are always here to help and support if you have any issues. You do not need Facebook we are very happy to respond to Feedback within the Traveller Feedback & FAQ page. We always publish to these page before it hits the Facebook group pages so you will not miss out on official information - the groups are more for cross chat between users.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 871888

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 12:55

Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 12:55
Hi Muddy-Mux the only thing you'll have to be careful about is how you login into the app - it doesn't matter what email account your tablet is actually using but it matters what account you log into the app with - ie. use your ExplorOz login - this can be used on as many devices as you like. You simply login in using your registered email address and the matching password. Once the app is logged into YOUR ExplorOz profile then the app knows your purchase history and can therefore allocate the EOTopo maps to your app account for download into the app on that device.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 602304

Sponsored Links