Connecting hose to Weber baby q

Submitted: Sunday, Jul 10, 2016 at 23:24
ThreadID: 132975 Views:5562 Replies:3 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
I am going to connect my Weber baby q to my van using a hose with a bayonet fitting at the end.

The question I want to ask is it possible or a good idea to make the connection of the hose to the Weber using a quick connect adapter so I can disconnect the Weber hose when packing it away?

Has any one done it?

Thanks in advance
Richard
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Roachie - Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 05:58

Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 05:58
I guess you could do that, but I find it's okay to just wrap the braided s/steel hose around the base of the Q.
Roachie....Don't follow me....I'm lost!

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 602295

Follow Up By: Member - Rich - Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 07:01

Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 07:01
Roachie
That does seem the easiest and obvious thing to do (not to mention the cheapest). I probably will as well but are considering my options.

One reason for using a quick release is that I also have a wok burner which if I use a similar set up I could get by with one connection.

Many thanks for the reply

Richard

Thanks for that

Richard
FollowupID: 871873

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie - Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 17:16

Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 17:16
Richard,

I gave your idea some more thought today.....then I remembered that I have a pair of gas quick connects that have been in my camper trailer for many years. I'm currently getting it ready to sell and this arvo I cleaned out the gas cabinet and have now added the quick connects to the Baby Q. The male fitted straight on to the Q and the female onto the braided hose.

Still don't really think it's needed, but it'll give me the option of storing the hose elsewhere when we travel.

Thanks for the idea.

Roachie
Roachie....Don't follow me....I'm lost!

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 871890

Follow Up By: Member - Rich - Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 17:36

Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 17:36
Roachie,
I gave up on the idea. Thought yours was a better one ??.

I have just gone and ordered a standard hose.

As you have done I can do it later.

The place I am getting the hose from said not to worry about it as it is just one more place gas can leak from.

Not sure about that as still reckon it would make things easier. I will reconsider once I have it all set up.

Richard
FollowupID: 871891

Reply By: Neil & Pauline - Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 11:41

Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 11:41
Looking at doing same thing myself. found a guy yesterday that has connect adapter and another hose to connect to Webber. The adapter allows you to use the existing caravan regulator, not the webber one. make sure you get a long enough hose though was the warning given to me.

Neil
AnswerID: 602301

Follow Up By: Member - Rich - Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 12:13

Monday, Jul 11, 2016 at 12:13
I was told not to use another connector so am just going to get the standard 3m hose with a bayonet you can get from weber.

I can always put a connector on later if necessary

Richard
FollowupID: 871878

Reply By: Member - J&A&KK - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2016 at 20:10

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2016 at 20:10
Hi Richard

I did just that.

My gas stove and wok burner came with quick connect fittings plus two braided gas hoses. So I didn't want to carry a third hose.

The quick connect fittings were made by Bromic so I bought a seperate fitting (had to buy male and female $30 as I recall) and then just replaced the Weber fitting with the male quick connect fitting. Just screwed straight on.

Have used in numerous times since. All good.

Trust this is of help.

John
AnswerID: 602346

Follow Up By: Member - Rich - Tuesday, Jul 12, 2016 at 22:04

Tuesday, Jul 12, 2016 at 22:04
Thanks John
I did a bit of a hunt around today but could not find them here in Canberra.

Trouble with buying online is you buy something for $30 and pay $15 postage.

I would like to get. A couple of them , one for wok burner and one for the Weber.

It would be good also to get one part just for the Weber hose which has the regulator on so I can use it directly from the gas bottle.

Richard
FollowupID: 871922

Sponsored Links