Roof top bag tie down

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 13, 2016 at 15:49
ThreadID: 132999 Views:2518 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all, on the weekend I put all the items on the pioneer platform, which we are taking on our next trip. The roof top bag is a Kings brand, and hoping to put a small table, couple of chairs, and some odds and ends in.
Question is, it has straps with plastic buckles, which go under the rack on either side, they seem to be to secure the bag to the rack, and also to tighten up the load, over the top,to reduce any flapping around. Anybody with experience with these or similar, would it be necessary to secure it with additional straps? Thanks in advance.. Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John M50 - Wednesday, Jul 13, 2016 at 21:14

Wednesday, Jul 13, 2016 at 21:14
I would put at least one strap on it additional to the straps that come with the bag. I have one also and will be using it on the CT, with the additional strap.

I am not to worried about replacing items if if blows of the top, but I am worried that not securing it properly could impact someones life if it flies off the roof rack.
AnswerID: 602390

Reply By: Evan 1 - Thursday, Jul 14, 2016 at 05:27

Thursday, Jul 14, 2016 at 05:27
I use additional straps on mine just to be safe, especially if it is not full and items can shift around in the bag.

Cheers
Ev
AnswerID: 602397

Reply By: Allan B (Member, SunCoast) - Thursday, Jul 14, 2016 at 09:40

Thursday, Jul 14, 2016 at 09:40
Hi Odog,
Regardless of how you attach it, bear in mind of its presence when travelling below trees. I had a well attached bag ripped off by a low-hanging branch.
But then, it is a tall Troopy. lol
Cheers
Allan

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 602401

Reply By: Member - Odog - Thursday, Jul 14, 2016 at 19:06

Thursday, Jul 14, 2016 at 19:06
Thank you all, was thinking today, maybe best to put a couple of extra straps, don't want things moving around, and feel better knowing all is secure... Yes Allan, I'll watch for low branches.. And under ground parking...ha.. Cheers all. Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 602419

Sponsored Links