RIP Tony McPherson, Diemals Station Western Australia

Submitted: Wednesday, Jul 13, 2016 at 21:39
ThreadID: 133000 Views:5192 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I was out camped on top of Mt Geraldine in the Mt Jackson station area for the last week and a Sandalwood cutter came into camp looking for phone signal. He is working the area on the north side of Lake Barlee. During the course of our chat I mentioned old Tony of Diemals to which he stated Tony passed away away on the 4 June 2016. Tony was 90 plus years.

Over the years I've been going to this area I had many cuppa's with Tony and lost lots of hours of listening to him chat about current issues and his past life including his working/living in Mt Isa.

He was a greener than green greeney but didn't wave any banners etc... he didn't have to. RIP Tony.

Rod
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Member-George (WA) - Wednesday, Jul 13, 2016 at 23:09

Wednesday, Jul 13, 2016 at 23:09
Hi Rod, I did meet Tony 2 yrs ago, he was fixing a leaking water pipe to the tank that was supplying water for his cattle. He was an amazing guy, a real gentleman that could talk on any subject. We had a cuppa together and whilst I was there I had a look over the old shearing shed, build with local timber and ropes. My stopover with Tony was a highlight of my trip. Sad to hear he has passed away. Cheers
AnswerID: 602393

Reply By: Member - Errol (York WA) - Thursday, Jul 14, 2016 at 11:10

Thursday, Jul 14, 2016 at 11:10
Well, that is sad news. My wife and I met him several years ago on our way to Pigeon Rocks. Asked us if we had had breakfast. Then invited us in, cooked us frozen egg's on toast. Gave Jan the best seat in the kitchen, even washed her knife & fork for her. An encounter we will never forget. Australia has lost a real gentlemen. RIP. Errol ( PS. I'd like to know where he is buried, if anybody knows, so when we are in that area again, we can pay our respects?)
AnswerID: 602403

Sponsored Links