Still on the road

Submitted: Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 20:46
ThreadID: 13302 Views:1500 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all

We're in Adelaide now after a week and a half. From Oodnadatta to Minnipa on Eyre Peninsula via Kingoonya-Wirrula, then to Whyalla and Port Augusta for meetings. Then off to see Willem and Pesty, with Roachie turning up as an added bonus. My wife was nervous about meeting people I'd found lurking on the internet, but she's been pretty impressed so far. Well done Willem, Pesty, Roachie and assorted wives and offspring. With members like you blokes, I'm not surprised EO is doing so well. Thanks.

I have a few days in Adelaide now to get the rig ready for the trip up the Murray and the Darling to Bourke, leaving on June 6th. Will try to logon every now and then to keep in touch.

BTW I stripped a front drive flange on my vehicle last week (full time 4WD) while in Port Augusta, and Paul at CMI Toyota Spare Parts in Adelaide was very helpful sending a new part on the overnight bus to get us going again. And it didn't break the bank either.

Cheers
John Wright

Those who say something cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Brew69 - Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 20:55

Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 20:55
Did you have a beer in the Wirrulla pub??????? Great little town!
AnswerID: 60936

Follow Up By: Member - Jiarna (SA) - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 08:50

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 08:50
No, didn't stop in Wirrulla this time. I lived there for 2 years (1984-5) and it was a nice place then. Probably hasn't changed much since then!
Those who say something cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.

FollowupID: 322542

Reply By: Member - Roachie- Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 20:57

Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 20:57
G'day again John,
Yep, it was nice to meet the 4 of you too......only problem for you is that you're gunna have all these freeloaders wanting to stay at your 5 star motel (aka hospital) when they're on their way north/south/east/west. LOL
Enjoy your travels.
AnswerID: 60938

Follow Up By: Member - Jiarna (SA) - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 08:53

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 08:53
Problem? What problem? The more the merrier, but they'll have to camp in my back yard as the hospital is only for the sick (Hmm that might allow most of us in then LOLOL)

Cheers
John

FollowupID: 322543

Reply By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 21:04

Sunday, May 30, 2004 at 21:04
Hi John and Anita glad you made it to your next destination.
With rif raf like Roachie and Me im not surprised SWMBO was nervous, LOLOL
A week ought to be enough time to get that roof rack sorted so you dont need the trailer?
Cheers for now.
AnswerID: 60939

Follow Up By: Member - Jiarna (SA) - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 08:59

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 08:59
Yes I hope to get the roof rack set up before the trip.

I showed your cargo setup pics to my mate with the 60 series LC and he was impressed. Then the camera reformatted the memory card and wiped out my pics - there goes 9 days of photos!! Appears that if the battery pack goes flat while the memory card is being accessed, it corrupts the data. Hopefully I can remember the details when it's time to start building!! Might get onto it this week while it's still fresh in the mind.

Cheers
John

FollowupID: 322545

Sponsored Links