FYRLYT After sales service

Submitted: Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 10:24
ThreadID: 133080 Views:5055 Replies:4 FollowUps:5
This Thread has been Archived
I purchased a set of Fyrlyt spotties over 4 years ago which have taken a beating. They've been to Cape York 3 times and last year when we left the Cape we headed to the Gulf via Savanah way,lorella springs, arnhemland etc etc, you get the drift.i haven't even had to replace a globe yet. Whilst washing the car I noticed one of the lights had condensation, upon inspection I found some very very fine small cracks in the lens, looked too small to let moisture in but must have been where it was getting in.
I contacted the company via its website asking about replacement lenses and less than 2 hours later I received a phone call from the owner of Fyrlyt himself(Paul) who was quite concerned about the issue and has now sent me 2 new replacement lenses free of charge
(I didnt ask, they were offered). These lights are way out of warranty and have done some hard work. Id like to thank Paul from Fyrlyt for his great customer service and can highly recommend these lights . By the way these lights are designed and MADE here in AUSTRALIA.
I dont have any interest in the company other than being 1 happy customer.
Regards
Ed
Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: Les - PK Ranger - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 10:33

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 10:33
Yep, they have good after sales back up, usually through their agents, but Pail is a nice bloke, he supports the 4x4 community too.
Every 4x4 Earth meet up here in SA, we get a set of these for the events prize pool, very much appreciated by the members attending.
AnswerID: 602802

Reply By: Member. Rob M (QLD) - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 13:18

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 13:18
Good to hear about a great Australian company and follow up service.
I have just purchase a set for my new cruiser and find the quality of the product and the light produced to be excellent.
Lets hope i don't have to bother Paul!
Rob M

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 602804

Reply By: Member - Roachie - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 15:18

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 15:18
Ed,

That pretty much mirrors my experience too.

I've had my "brilliant" Fyrlyts for about 4 years too and after copping a large stone hit, one of the lenses sustained a crack.

Similar to your experience, I phoned up to ask about the availability and price of a new lense. The chap I spoke to asked for my address and said he'd send one out to me....but he sent two and at no charge whatsoever!!!

Try that with any of those flash-harry ARB/Chinese/Lightforce brands......they'd laugh at you!!!

I'm so tempted to upgrade to the new Nemisis lights but no longer do enough night driving to justify the changeover.

Roachie
Roachie....Don't follow me....I'm lost!

AnswerID: 602811

Follow Up By: Sand Man (SA) - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 17:18

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 17:18
Marvelous what age does to one, hey Bill!

Like you I no longer choose to drive at night and cannot justify the expense of driving lights, for what extra advantage they would give me.

I took a low cost option and upgraded my high and low beams to Phillips Ex-Treme Vision Plus globes. These gave both low and high beam illumination a noticeable improvement over my OEM globes and I am happy to rely on these when I need to drive at night.

Good to see a manufacturer backing up their products with extra after sales care though.
Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 872439

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 18:01

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 18:01
G'day Bill,

I do still have the need to travel at night on some occasions, so I still have good lights.

As well as the Fyrlyts (which are GREAT for long distance penetration), I also have a 4-row LED light bar.

The last big trip I did was a couple of years ago when my father-in-law passed away at Ulladulla.

I had worked on the Friday from 0630 to 1300 (involves driving 300klm round trip) and had been informed by my wife around 1100 that Jim had passed. Annette was on her own with no support....Jim hadn't been expected to pass, otherwise I'd have been over there too.

So, I finished work at 1300, packed a bag and hooked up the trailer and headed off around 1400. I drove right through the night across the Hay Plain. The combination of the Fyrlyts and LED bar plus very little traffic (meaning I could leave the lights on full bore for hours at time), meant that I was still pretty fresh overall.

I know that driving all night (I arrived at 0715 the next morning) was not an ideal thing to do, but I needed to be there. I did have a power-nap at the Yass truck stop around 0430, but it was about minus 4 degrees and the truck got cold inside real quick, so 20 minutes was all I could handle!!

The reason I mention all this is that with GOOD lights I was able to drive long distances without suffering from the usual fatigue.

Now I'll sit back and wait to be "flamed" by all the know-it-alls!!! hahaha

Cheers,

Bill

FollowupID: 872441

Follow Up By: Member - Outback Gazz - Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 18:35

Tuesday, Jul 26, 2016 at 18:35
Hi Roachie

No Flaming from me - I do a fair bit of long distance night driving and I couldn't agree more about the fatigue issue with good lights !!

Whilst I don't have Fyrlyts, I will say that my 210 watt Led's with approx 15,000 lumens each make night driving much more enjoyable and far less tiring !

Cheers

Gazz

FollowupID: 872442

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 28, 2016 at 01:26

Thursday, Jul 28, 2016 at 01:26
Hey Bill his you going?

You don't have to buy a new set of Nemesis, if your interested contact Paul at Fyrlyt and ask about getting your existing set upgraded.
Saves buying a whole new set, they take yours and do a retrofit upgrade.
I had my 5000's for several years and did this.

Cheers
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 872471

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie - Thursday, Jul 28, 2016 at 05:59

Thursday, Jul 28, 2016 at 05:59
Thanks John, I wasn't aware of that possibility.

I will give them a hoy and see what's involved.

Cheers mate

Bill

FollowupID: 872472

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Thursday, Jul 28, 2016 at 01:31

Thursday, Jul 28, 2016 at 01:31
Fyrlyt are a truly excellent product built by a great couple of guys in Adelaide.
Former Lightforce lighting engineers now building their own product and exporting all over the world.

Fantastic after sales service, you can speak directly with Paul or David about any lighting matter.
No affiliation, just a very satisfied customer, that loves dealing with a small Aussie business that does it well.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 602844

Sponsored Links