wombat state forest

Submitted: Monday, May 31, 2004 at 00:23
ThreadID: 13309 Views:1419 Replies:3 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I attendend the may meeting and registered as one who was able to vote. Todate I still have not been contacted regarding voting. Does someone know what is the latests regading the voting?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 00:42

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 00:42
Check out the following link for current position and update on events by 4wd Vic
http://www.vafwdc.org.au/wombat01.htm

Or register yourself on the RUG site at yahoo, this will ensure you receive notices as they become avaliable.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 60956

Reply By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 00:58

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 00:58
The postal vote thing aint happening.

as John said, goto the RUG Group on yahoogroups.
AnswerID: 60957

Follow Up By: Member - John (Vic) - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 01:15

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 01:15
Truckster it is better said that it "Ain't happening yet !!!!!!!"

Michael Coldham President of 4wd Vic stated at the last Toyota Landcrusier Club meeting that he is prepared to obtain a Supreme Court Writ to ensure that the vote takes place as determined by vote at the meeting.

Or altenativly DSE can conceed to the motions listed by RUG/4wd Vic and work with us to ensure that CFM is run with a proper representative committee of all users.

This detail of motions etc are listed on the above web site.

The votes are still sealed in the box and are in safe keeping.

4wd Vic have also obtained the services of KPMG I think it was to undertake the vote process in an impartial moniterd process.

The end result is that the matter is not yet over and it is important that all users hold fast and maintain their position.
Talks are still underway between RUG/4wd Vic and the DSE.
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 322533

Follow Up By: Truckster (Vic) - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 10:20

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 10:20
I'll stick with what was posted on RUG, and its also what I think LOL.

They wont let us stand a chance, the Government and all will help the greens, there are votes at risk here.

Remember we are the vermin according to most aussies.
FollowupID: 322561

Reply By: Member - Bernie. (Vic) - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 10:46

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 10:46
Milton Oliver did a bit of an update on the 4WD Radio show (Access at www.vafwdc .org.au) 22/5/04 & (29/5/04 not there yet) you can listen on line or download to disc.
As Milton said negotiations are on going but constantly changing, so no post untill something constructive happens, he also said the votes are in safe hands and will be an option if all else fails.
So its not over yet as John(Vic) said join the RUG group & you will know if & when something happens.

Cheers

PS did you confirm with vafwdc that you registered to vote.
AnswerID: 60983

Follow Up By: Joe - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 15:06

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 15:06
It certainly is about votes and a close friend is the president of a ALP branch,and sympathetic to likes of RUGS. His comment is "the ALP and the LIbrals are running scarred of the Greens" and"bush users are only a few thousand votes".
So clearly from these comments the need to unite is important. We will only be heard if we have the numbers to back up our position.Numbers are what is going to be important in the long run, so I trust that the good work being done by likes of Milton and 4wdv recognise what the politicians want in the long run...numbers.
Regards
Joe
FollowupID: 322602

Sponsored Links