Fuel Right

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 04, 2016 at 18:49
ThreadID: 133144 Views:3204 Replies:8 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Got an email last night, from 4x4 company, with a DVD on this stuff called Fuel Right or Rite? Just wondering if anybody has used it. Only need a few ml per tank, for petrol, diesel, and 2 stroke.
They claim, and also have testimonials from customers, about getting bad fuel, and being able to put some of this in the tank, and all good..
Maybe one of those things "if it sounds to go to be true".. Just wondering if anyone out there, has come across this stuff. Cheers Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gronk - Thursday, Aug 04, 2016 at 21:33

Thursday, Aug 04, 2016 at 21:33
Yep, sounds too good to be true !!
A few ml per tank ? If only it was that easy.

AnswerID: 603089

Follow Up By: swampy - Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 09:59

Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 09:59
Hi
Not in defence of fuel additives BUT .
Do u think fuel companies add huge amounts per litre to your pump fuel of course not . They sell fuel with as little input as they can get away with . Some of the reason why fuel does not last as long . There is no profit in that is there .
The question should be which additive works and which ones don`t.

Think about it
engine oil
pump fuel
additives fuel oil etc
A lot is snake oil but some of these are ok but which ones

sounds like our banking system ha ha ha

swamp
FollowupID: 872774

Reply By: TomH - Thursday, Aug 04, 2016 at 21:40

Thursday, Aug 04, 2016 at 21:40
If it is either so good or necessary the fuel companies would be using it.

The main ingrediant in this sort of stuff is the ability to lighten suckers wallets.

Unsurprising it has great testimonials.......If they write them themselves which is not unheard of.
AnswerID: 603090

Reply By: vk1dx - Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 07:57

Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 07:57
I couldn't help but notice the question about the word "rite".

"rite" is a noun and means a religious or other solemn ceremony or act.

Right was correct. Google gave Fuel Rite as a USA company with something to do with air conditioners.

Phil
AnswerID: 603097

Reply By: Member - Andrew - Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 08:09

Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 08:09
Testimonials are what you use when there is no scientific evidence to back your claim. Usually because the science would not support you.
Regards
A
AnswerID: 603098

Reply By: Sigmund - Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 10:25

Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 10:25
Buy a bottle and do your own measurements.

Fuel used to come with stabilisers. No longer. I add some for winter engine storage. Means the stale fuel doesn't have to be drained and responsibly disposed of.
AnswerID: 603109

Follow Up By: The Bantam - Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 10:43

Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 10:43
Actually that is only partly true ...... all petrol used to come with lead in it .... lead both acted as an octain improver that lasted pretty well and a anti- biological agent.

cheers
FollowupID: 872778

Reply By: The Bantam - Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 11:03

Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 11:03
There are aftermarket fuel additives that are valid and have proven effects.
But good well proven fuel additives are the exception rather than the rule.
In general there are different reasons why we put additives in different fuels.

Petrol these days has a short shelf life ..... normal unleaded is 90 days .... there ARE proven valid fuel preservatives on the market.

Some petrol additives are octain improvers, valve lubricants and fuel system cleaners ...... there are well known and proven examples ..... there are also well known snake oil products.

Diesel has a well known problem with biological contamination commonly known as "Diesel bug" .... there are known proven diesel treatments for this problem .... arguably the best is "Fuel Doctor".

Water in fuel is a known problem ....... in petrol adding alcahol has long been a proven solution. ...... all reputable diesel vehicles have water traps for this reason.

Fuel doctor claims ( reasonably) to deal with some water contamination.
It is argues that diesel vehicles can benifit from a fuel additive ........

one european test showed that the vast majority of diesel treatments on the market did bugger all and of the remainder only a handfull worked better than 2 stroke oil.

Personally in an old school mechanical injector pump diesel I have been running 2 stroke for years ..... and yes it is clear it works.
I run fuel doctor around once a year to clean up any diesel bug that may be lurking

As far as general purpose fuel additives ...... Fuel Doctor seems to be the only one with any real solid credibility ....... After testing it Castrol where forced to admit that their previous house brand diesel fuel addtive was ineffective and started selling Fuel Doctor rebranded .... Castrol later baught Fuel Doctors.

The internet is wonderful ...... if there is good documented research it will be posted on the internet ..... there are some very good european forums where all sorts of additives get a good hammering often by well qualifuied people.

Before you use any additive do a search on it ..... "Bob is the oil guy" site and its associated forum is a good place to start.
cheers
AnswerID: 603113

Reply By: Member - Odog - Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 17:25

Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 17:25
Thanks all for the replies everyone, I know there is heaps of stuff about additives, was just seeing what the general feelings were, and if anyone had given this product a go.. First hand.. Thanks again. Have a great weekend.. Cheers guys.. Odog
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 603123

Reply By: The Bantam - Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 23:22

Friday, Aug 05, 2016 at 23:22
Out of curiosity I looked at the fuel right web site ......... from that it seems to be a fair thing.
Its pretty much a Glycol ether bassed product that will have a typical blend of diesel additives .... lubricity improver, detergent, anti waxing and anti gelling compound.

The language on the site is reasonable and credible and the business is operated by a chemist who is prepared to put his name and credentials on the bottom.

I expect it will be a similar product to Fuel Doctor.

cheers
AnswerID: 603131

Sponsored Links