Kajabbi camp Ground .Recommendations please

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 09, 2016 at 11:21
ThreadID: 133181 Views:2550 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
We are currently in Karumba and traveling Sth tomorrow towards McKinley can any body recommend any good over night stops .cheers
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Ron A - Tuesday, Aug 09, 2016 at 11:31

Tuesday, Aug 09, 2016 at 11:31
If you have time a detour into Lawn Hill is worth the drive. On the river at Gregory Hills looked like a nice spot for overnight. Not sure if it will have any water in it at the moment though.

I seem to recall that Burke & Wills Roadhouse had camping there as well. No doubt more recent travellers up that way will be more up to date.
AnswerID: 603221

Follow Up By: GREENDOG - Tuesday, Aug 09, 2016 at 13:27

Tuesday, Aug 09, 2016 at 13:27
Thanks Ron .we did Lawn Hill last week and stayed on the Gregory River for the night had a nice swim in the river there was about 30 vans parked up by the creek but managed to get a good spot right on the river .cheers
FollowupID: 872879

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Tuesday, Aug 09, 2016 at 12:15

Tuesday, Aug 09, 2016 at 12:15
Bit over 30kms east of the Curry there is an old gravel pad on the left, just before you swing down into Elder Ck. Bit open, and close to the highway but it's free. :-) Then just after Elder Ck, there's some good spots in amongst the gidgea, on the left too, as long as you find a suitable spot to get off the highway.

About 62kms east of Curry is Fullarton River parking bay. Big bitumen area, toilets and room to get up behind the area, up on the dirt. Tends to be a tad noisy, with r'trains roaring past at full noise, but if you have an extra glass of red at night, they shouldn't worry you.

Closer to McKinlay, just at the signs to slow from 110 to 100, and before you reach Bull Ck, there's good spot off to left, with plenty of room. Then a few hundred metres after Bull Ck, there's an old gravel pad on left. An old loading ramp should identify it for you. That's about it as far as McKinlay.

Can't help on Normanton road, been years since we were up there.

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 603225

Follow Up By: GREENDOG - Tuesday, Aug 09, 2016 at 13:28

Tuesday, Aug 09, 2016 at 13:28
Thanks Bob well check it out on the map .cheers
FollowupID: 872880

Sponsored Links