Alice Springs Cooper Tire Agent

Submitted: Monday, Aug 15, 2016 at 14:34
ThreadID: 133226 Views:3801 Replies:3 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
Hi Guys, just a quick thank you to Trutrac Tyre Centre in Alice Springs. Had a problem with one of my Cooper Tires, the agent rang Coopers, explained the situation, and had a free replacement tire fitted within an hour. Thanks to both Cooper Tires, & Trutrac Tyre & Brake Centre.

Macca.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 2 Moderator

Reply By: tazbaz - Monday, Aug 15, 2016 at 17:35

Monday, Aug 15, 2016 at 17:35
Must be a first for Coopers Tyres
AnswerID: 603426

Follow Up By: Member - Little Briney - Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 11:04

Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 11:04
Not in my experience! I have used Coopers on three different vehicles over the past 12 years and have had nothing but excellent service and response to the few isolated warranty issues I have encountered.
Regards
Little Briney

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 873184

Reply By: OBJ - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2016 at 11:44

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2016 at 11:44
I like to visit Alice, and travel parts of the surrounding areas whenever I can. I have only had minor issues to deal with when I have been there but have always been more than impressed with the amount of effort and energy people there put into getting you fixed up and sorted out.
Well done Alice Springs. I'll be back again soon.
OBJ
AnswerID: 603439

Follow Up By: Member - Robert1660 - Tuesday, Aug 16, 2016 at 13:56

Tuesday, Aug 16, 2016 at 13:56
Hi Guys,
In another tick for Alice Springs back in 2013 whilst filling up at the Caltex servo I left a number of pieces of my camping gear on the front box of the Tvan and drove off. When we reached Tilmouth Wells Roadhouse we realised what we had done. So back to The Alice to buy more or at least check if somebody had found the gear as it fell off the campertrailer. We checked with the servo and the businesses along the highway. Unfortunately no luck. Last resort was to visit the Police Station. We were very surprised when the policeman indicated that all our lost gear had been handed in. Unfortunately the wonderful person who found our gear did not leave their name so that we were not able to thank them.
It was great to realise that the country has such thoughtful people.
Another example on the same trip was when one of the members of our group left their camera on their trailer, drove off and of course camera was lost somewhere on the Tanami. It turned out that a group travelling in a bus a few days later stopped and the group then walked some distance along the road. Yes, someone found the now mashed camera. Nevertheless the SD card was still ok. The person now took it upon themselves to find the owner. Through examining the pictures on the card number plates were noted and in the end the SD card was returned to the original owner. Quite remarkable!
Robert
Landcruiser 200 VX Diesel + 19ft Bushtracker

My Profile  Send Message

FollowupID: 873063

Reply By: Frank P (NSW) - Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 20:33

Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 20:33
I'll add thanks to Centralian Motors, the Ford dealer in Alice.

I have a Mazda BT50. Mazda dealers in the outback are pretty thin on the ground. The Mazda BT50 is just about a Ford Ranger with a different skin, so in practical terms no problems in being serviced by Ford.

On the way to the Red Centre I had an intermediate oil change done at the Charleville Ford dealer, cost about $285.00.

1800km later at Centralian Motors in Alice I had a scheduled 40K service done on my BT50. No technical issues expected, but Ford and Mazda do compete in the market so I wasn't expecting too many discounts.

I explained that I didn't want an oil and filter change at the 40K service, showed them the invoice from the Charleville dealer and was immediately given a $250 discount on the 40k service. AND that service was done at Fords capped service plan plus and minus differences between Mazda's and Ford's 40k schedule, minus my oil discount.

All up about $300.00, down from an expected $550 plus.

One very happy customer.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 603625

Sponsored Links