Bridgetown WA CV Park

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 12:34
ThreadID: 133240 Views:2624 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Would appreciate up-to-date info on this CV park. We stayed there a few years ago and apparently it had recently been updated and considerable tlc invested by the managers. If it is still council owned I wondered whether it is still a pleasant, clean place to stay. It is on the river.
Thanks,
Min
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 23:32

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 23:32
Come and see John and Min. It was put out to tender by the Council to be run privately a few years ago, and may have had a change of management since then. Council was running the park as an interim measure some years ago after successive owners had found it not financially viable. I have not stayed, but have visited caravanners there and had friends visit us who have stayed there. All seemed happy with the location and facilities. With a park with low numbers of customers, you cannot expect super new amenities, but there have been no complaints from caravanners we know. The only drawback for me would be the noise of trucks going up and down the hill.

A different alternative is out of town at Maranup Ford where a small caravan park is run on farm by pleasant and friendly owners. A pleasant location close to the Maranup Ford bridge across the river, on a quiet rural road.

You can read the opinions of visitor to both of these on Badger's Caravan Park Reports:

Bridgetown Caravan Park

Maranup Ford Caravan Park
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 603515

Follow Up By: 08crd - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 01:40

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 01:40
Agree completely with Motherhen, another alternative is Boyup Brook, council run also ensuite bathrooms to a lot of sites. Also close to Bridgetown.
FollowupID: 873133

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 09:00

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 09:00
A quiet location at Boyup Brook too. 20 minutes between the towns.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 873137

Follow Up By: Member - Min (NSW) - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 17:20

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 17:20
Hi Motherhen,
Thanks for your response. We stayed there after it had been rundown and wondered if it had maintained its standard or gone backwards as some council run places do with a change of manager. We were quite happy there.
I did look for it on Badgers and didn't find it. Anyway, John booked it before we left home this morning as it will be a long w/e when we are there in late-ish October. We are headed for the GCR, Mt Augustus and then continuing the search for wildflowers as we move south. Looking forward to staying at Wooleen Stn.
Very excited to be on the road again.

FollowupID: 873155

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 17:42

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 17:42
Sounds like a wonderful trip on the on the way Min. With early rain, lots of wonderful wildflowers out throughout the various regions. Have a great trip.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 873156

Sponsored Links