No wonder...............

Submitted: Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 14:33
ThreadID: 133241 Views:5779 Replies:16 FollowUps:10
This Thread has been Archived
No wonder the forum is rapidly losing members and not getting as many posts as it used to. I had a problem posting pics to a reply in a forum post and requested help. In the past that would have been responded to my one of the staff, normally Adele with try this or maybe this etc, etc, until the problem was solved.......... not now, this is what I got back from Michelle after a second email to seek help........
"Sorry John, No idea why you would be having that problem and we don't have sufficient resources to keep up with personalised support issues. The only thing I can offer as a suggestion is to ask you to check that the pics you are uploading are of the right file type - ie. they must be jpgs, gif, png - standard image formats."
Not really good enough for a long standing supporter and member. I may cut off my nose to spite my face, but I have cancelled my membership. Bye to you all, may you have enjoyable and safe journeys.
John and Jan

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 15:01

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 15:01
John, tsk tsk... if you wish to try to air your dirty laundry online then game on. Oh, but you forgot to add my final line of my reply, which was "John, you will see that I have just loaded one of each of these 3 images types to that post to confirm that everything is working..."

So what are you complaining about really John? I replied to your email - I provided a suggestion to help you with the problem - I even did a test to check that there wasn't a site bug - and I demonstrated this for you - you've also now come back to me to say it wasn't that, and I've since sent you yet another reply with another suggestion to help you. But you're still not happy.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 603499

Follow Up By: Member - mark D18 - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 20:01

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 20:01
Well said Michelle . John Chill out it not that serious .

Cheers
FollowupID: 873125

Follow Up By: pop2jocem - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 20:14

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 20:14
I can't remember where it came from or who first framed it but it went something like

You can please some of the people all of the time, and all of the people some of the time, but it's bloody hard to please all of the people all of the time.

Never mind John. Whether you or I are here to see it I would be pretty sure the sun will still rise tomorrow and life will go on.

Cheers
Pop
FollowupID: 873126

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 21:11

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 21:11
Abraham Lincoln
FrankP

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 873128

Follow Up By: Life Member-Doug T NSW - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 13:42

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 13:42
Oh look, no problems, it works fine

gift by Daughter

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 873142

Reply By: Sir Kev - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 16:23

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 16:23
John,

You also bagged the Moderators in your emails.

"The Mods don't help, one has to be very mindful of being politically correct in any post or reply"

I don't recall you putting your hand up to assist in the daily operations of the forum, by volunteering to become a Moderator.

As you very well know 99% of the Moderation action is taken is also followed by a personalised email, outlining the cause of the moderation and usually some tips on how to reword.

But I suppose all the current Moderators are thick skinned now (and majority are also long serving members if that makes any difference to being new members) and take outbursts like yours with a grain of salt.

You also forgot to mention that since the decline in Forum posts that another site called Facebook was created and a plethora of pages and groups were formed covering some of the core information found on ExplorOz. But don't be fooled by Facebook as I have not yet found a group or page that is a comprehensive as ExplorOz.

Cheers Kev
Russell Coight:
He was presented with a difficult decision: push on into the stretching deserts, or return home to his wife.

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 603501

Reply By: Baz - The Landy - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 16:59

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 16:59
I think of ExplorOz as something far greater than just another forum, it is a travel resource, and like this vast country of ours that inspired the birth of ExploroZ, the site has much to offer if you venture further afield than just the “forum”.

Baz – The Landy
AnswerID: 603502

Follow Up By: The Explorer - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 22:19

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 22:19
Very true - many popular websites don't even have "forums".

Also, it is often (almost always) very hard to solve other peoples computer problems from afar, though in this instance I don't think the problem is with the users computer and its certainly not with the website - posting pics works fine.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 873132

Reply By: Member - Odog - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 17:21

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 17:21
Sometimes John, you need to sit back, and smell the roses. I personally find, all the input to questions, such a massive help, and your part of it. The knowledge and experience avalible on Exploroz, is fantastic. I'm not blowing wind up you, or anything like that. But sometimes it's better just to accept how things work out. I hope you can get over this minor upset, and remain part of the forum. All the best. Owen
Some people want it to happen, some people wish it could happen, others make it happen!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 603504

Reply By: Member - eighty matey - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 20:09

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 20:09
It sounds like John isn't having a very good day.
I haven't posted much on the forum over the past few months because I was busy getting ready to rent the house out and then we took off and toured through a large part of this magnificent land.
Part of that trip was travelling through The Simpson Desert with two couples we met on this forum, two couples with more experience travelling through this place than anyone I have ever met before.
Anytime I have needed assistance from the staff at ExplorOz they have been so helpful. We have contacted them with the stupidest questions, sometimes in the weirdest places and they have done more than I ever expected.
I also admire how they have let the post stand and had the integrity to respond without pussyfooting around.
Good job people.
Steve.
AnswerID: 603508

Reply By: Top End Az - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 21:07

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 21:07
I'm not a member, (now I've done it) but have been this site for years. Many forums get out of control, but I find this forum to be a fantastic source of info, with contributors spending considerable time to word helpful responses, something you don't get on Facebook. The fact the forum is still alive and well is a tribute to the folks running it.
AnswerID: 603511

Reply By: Ron N - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 21:30

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 21:30
John, I'm not a forum member, but I've found the forum pretty well run, informative, and with responsive moderation. It's a tough job keeping a forum organised and operating smoothly.

I'm a moderator on another forum and it takes several of us (unpaid, of course) to keep users under control, to stop tempers from flaring, and to stop trolls and flamers in their tracks.

Computers and their multitude of incompatible programmes can be very frustrating, I know.
However, blowing your stack and grabbing your lunchbox and storming off, when you don't get treated like a VIP, doesn't reflect on you personally very well.

Adding sweeping statements that the site is rapidly losing members and going downhill is totally unnecessary, and not supported by anything I've noticed.

It must be the full moon. Take a deep breath and a chill pill, John. It's not the end of the world when you don't get instant and immediate help in bucketloads, just because you're frustrated with a computer programme.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 603512

Reply By: aussiedingo (River Rina) - Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 21:41

Thursday, Aug 18, 2016 at 21:41
John, with the benefit of hindsight it would great to put this episode down to "a learning experience" & re join. It is only when you are on the other side of the counter that instant answers are not always convenient to both parties "someone has to come up with a suitable reply instantly!!" if you would have liked a more rapid/amicable reply to suit you it may have been better to make an appointment to have a one on one discussion with eo to suit your expectations. re join & keep company for your own benefit with this family
"the only thing constant in my life is change"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 603513

Reply By: Genny - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 03:43

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 03:43
I seemed to manage ok, and at the first attempt. I did do something unpredictable. I read the instructions.

Was that a troll?
AnswerID: 603517

Follow Up By: Member - Bigfish - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 04:03

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 04:03
What do you mean you read the instructions?? Real; men only use instructions as a very last resort!!!...lol
FollowupID: 873134

Follow Up By: Michael H9 - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 07:18

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 07:18
Wrong. Chuck Norris, a real man, wipes his bum with the instructions before he even starts, rendering them useless. I'm not sure how he does that with internet instructions but I'm too scared to ask. :-)
FollowupID: 873136

Reply By: Terry O - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 07:12

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 07:12
Never read the instructions first as you will have nothing to fall back on if something goes wrong
AnswerID: 603518

Reply By: OBJ - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 08:44

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 08:44
Some people bring us pleasure when they arrive .. others when they leave .. John is the latter. The important thing to remember when people storm off is that they are never missed. See ya!!!
AnswerID: 603521

Follow Up By: Ron A - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 13:50

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 13:50
I was going to suggest that he be careful the door doesn't smack him in the back on his way out but didn't think it was appropriate.
FollowupID: 873143

Reply By: Member Kerry W (WA) - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 16:10

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 16:10
Wow! Where else do you even get a reply? - let alone from the top!

Its a good thing though - that he got annoyed - shows that he loves this site!!

You don't get "that" passionate about things you don't "really care" about.
Kerry W (Qld)
Security is mostly a superstition. It doesnt exist in nature. Life is either a daring adventure or nothing.
-Helen Keller

Lifetime Member

AnswerID: 603549

Reply By: Crusier 91 - Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 07:27

Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 07:27
I hear ya John!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
But my problem with exploroz is slightly different.
I don't know how many times I've searched for the winning lotto numbers on exploroz..........................and to this day, exploroz can not provide me with the winning numbers!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm fed up to say the least.
You known, I strive for perfection in every minute of the day and so should everyone else...................regardless if they they think they have more important things to attend to, my needs are of upmost and above all the most important.
John, together we should start our own forum.............but can I suggest, and I know you will agree.........................no else may join our forum, it will be ours and only ours to enjoy :) PERFECTION!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
AnswerID: 603579

Follow Up By: Member - ACD 1 - Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 10:10

Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 10:10
Far be it from me to make a comment to someone as omnipotent as you Cruiser, but I can see a small problem with your suggestion...

...who would be in control of said forum?

Surely there cannot be two specimens of perfection in your universe. LOL

Cheers

Anthony
FollowupID: 873179

Reply By: Blown4by - Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 22:58

Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 22:58
As a matter of interest I have recently sent e-mails via the web pages of the following medium to large size Companies recently:
Ryco Filters
Super Charge Batteries
Donald Oils
McWilliams Wines
and you guessed it. I didn't receive a reply from any one of them despite re-sending some of the e-mails more than once. On that basis, and taking in to account this is a not for profit Forum, I would say the customer service from the Exploroz site and help I have received and the learning experience from other contributors is excellent. Keep up the good work.
AnswerID: 603632

Reply By: Sigmund - Sunday, Aug 21, 2016 at 07:24

Sunday, Aug 21, 2016 at 07:24
Re the dropping number of posts, as has been mentioned, Facebook pages/groups have moved into this territory, and Twitter for the tweeters, but lord knows they're pretty useless for the exchange of worthwhile information.

Many FB posts in relation to a bit of gear just say 'I love it'. Really helpful that is.
AnswerID: 603642

Follow Up By: Michael H9 - Sunday, Aug 21, 2016 at 23:23

Sunday, Aug 21, 2016 at 23:23
Separating useful information out of Facebook or Twitter is a real challenge. I hope all the morons in the world end up there exclusively. It's heading that way. I can't stand the vibe and I don't want to give people like Zuckerberg, not only any of my money, but my time as well.
FollowupID: 873283

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Monday, Aug 22, 2016 at 00:34

Monday, Aug 22, 2016 at 00:34
Losing members?
I just looked, still over 3,100 financial members including 570 odd life members.

I don't know how you could get the impression it's a declining membership base.

VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 603681

Sponsored Links