Dual Cam Hayman Reese Sway Control..user experiences?

Submitted: Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 20:27
ThreadID: 133249 Views:2563 Replies:1 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
How good/effective are these?
We're soon to take delivery of our new van which is bigger and heavier than the last rig. We've done a fair bit of towing and have always had a WDH fitted.
What are the Hayman Dual Cam sway control devices like? Are they effect and worth it? They appear to "hang low" ...its an offroad van with reasonable clearance so this may not be a problem? We have a HD suspension kit fitted to our tug and the van has Dexter Anti sway. Please guys...no lectures on towing, just comments on the effectiveness and practicality of the Dual Cam device.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bobjl - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 21:14

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 21:14
Witi
I cannot help with your specific request in relation to experience with a Dual Cam system, likely you will receive some positive and useful responses, in meantime I note the difference between WDH systems, Sway controllers as opposed to the Dual Cam system.
See http://www.haymanreese.com.au/download/understanding-weight-distribution-and-sway-control

It helps to explain the roles of each, one being reactive [after sway begins] as opposed to proactively managing sway from the initial onset.

I have Alko ESC on my 3.4tonne rig and it has deployed a couple of times due to hitting uneven surface suddenly, Dexter seems to be a better system and identifies uneven surfaces without actuating the brakes.

I am interested to read responses to your post as I have heard good reports from the few vanners I have met that use that system. Anything that increases safety is worth considering.

Out of curiosity what are the specs for your van and your tug.
Bob
AnswerID: 603569

Follow Up By: Bobjl - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 21:20

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 21:20
See also the comments attached at the Caravanners Forum, it has the sought of feedback you are seeking.

site.http://www.caravanersforum.com/viewtopic.php?t=47370
FollowupID: 873166

Follow Up By: Member - Witi Repartee - Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 21:26

Friday, Aug 19, 2016 at 21:26
Tug has 3 tonne tow limit and van will be 2.8 tonne if we take advantage of its ATM...however we will normally be around 2.6 tonne. As an aside, I'm an ex sea/adventure kayaker and probably have the lightest gear mentality you've ever met!
FollowupID: 873167

Sponsored Links