Waterproof quad fold camp chair.

Submitted: Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 07:18
ThreadID: 133254 Views:3096 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I have always had quad fold camp chairs in recent years like this sort of thing, as an example of the style.

I like the way they pack up and they are comfortable.

However they all seem to be made of a type of synthetic canvas. If I leave them out, which I know I shouldn't, they get soaked from rain or dew and can take all day to dry.

Does anyone know of a decent one that is waterproof? It seems so simple but I can't find any.

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Outback Gazz - Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 08:35

Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 08:35
G'day Boobook

Have you thought about spraying with a waterproof spray before you head off ?

I sprayed some suede type shoes once and they stayed water repellent for six months.

Just a thought

All the best

Gazz
AnswerID: 603581

Reply By: Member - ACD 1 - Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 10:01

Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 10:01
Hi Boobook

I feel your pain...

I also put the chairs under the awning, but they still often get wet but, I second the waterproof spray. I use a Selly's product - I think it is called Water Sheild. It works well with a couple of coats.

Wipe it down in the morning - all good! (I also use a chamois to wipe stuff over rather than a towel - it seems to pick up more water, smaller to store.

Cheers
AnswerID: 603588

Reply By: Member - bbuzz (NSW) - Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 12:10

Saturday, Aug 20, 2016 at 12:10
My Coleman chairs are all fabric.
I used a cheap blue small tarp, double it over and sew down the side, making a 'bag'.
Drag it over the chairs leaning against the van and wrap some thin occy strap cord around it with some recycled hooks to hold it in place.
Fold into a small parcel with the occy strap around the outside and it is a small package to store.

This way you get the chairs you like and they stay dry.

bill
Bill B

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 603590

Reply By: Member - 8111COLIN - Sunday, Aug 21, 2016 at 11:29

Sunday, Aug 21, 2016 at 11:29
Look up PECO chairs .
We have two of them , water proof , dry on no time and fold up into a square 400x300x50 .
The catch is they are expensive , we have had ours for 5 years and done lots of travelling .
Colin
AnswerID: 603656

Sponsored Links