Article Comment: ExplorOz Traveller App

Just confirming, as per "What maps are available?', no off line satellite imagery is available, e.g. esri aerial? Any likelihood of this changing?
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Monday, Aug 29, 2016 at 19:43

Monday, Aug 29, 2016 at 19:43
I just asked David, but in the short term the answer is no. It could be a possibility somewhere down the track but certainly not likely this year. David says it wouldn't be done before the EOTopo 2017 release.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 603948

Follow Up By: Member - Warren H - Monday, Aug 29, 2016 at 20:17

Monday, Aug 29, 2016 at 20:17
Thanks for the reply Michelle, I look forward to the possible inclusion then. I'm a bit wedded to sat/AP imagery having used it for a number of years planning field work and determining what site access was like. I was very surprised to find the esri imagery was available on another navigation app and that you could cache an area for offline use, I thought that such imagery was deemed too commercially valuable by suppliers to release this way having had to pay a good number of dollars for it when I needed it for work.
NT Pajero
2007 Goldstream Crown

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 873586

Reply By: maurice b - Tuesday, Aug 30, 2016 at 20:41

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2016 at 20:41
I would also be interested in knowing what format of maps a used on this app and if it was possible to load or convert ecw/ozf maps to work on it.
AnswerID: 603986

Follow Up By: ExplorOz Team - Adele - Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 15:53

Friday, Sep 02, 2016 at 15:53
Hi Maurice,

At this stage you cannot convert or load ecw/ozf maps into the app, there is a good discussion re: the maps used in the app on our Facebook ExplorOz Traveller Community Page that you may want to read.
Online Shop- Adele

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

FollowupID: 873727

Sponsored Links