Up-date on car radio change over

Submitted: Tuesday, Aug 30, 2016 at 00:18
ThreadID: 133338 Views:3055 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Again thanks to all who commented earlier on my problem
Problem solved
This radio has two power feeds one is the ignition and the other comes in before the ignition So the ignition acts to break the circuit which we dont have in a caravan so got around the problem by wiring in a switch on the secondary circuit to turn on //of when required seems to work a treat now FINGERS CROSSED
Terry
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: TomH - Tuesday, Aug 30, 2016 at 10:42

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2016 at 10:42
Yes Basically what I was saying, as all car radios have a permanent feed to keep its memory alive for station settings etc and a ign ACC feed to liven it up to work.
As you say in a van it will never turn off unless a switch in that ACC fed line.
Although I fitted one in my Roadstar and it switched off as normal and I never did anything to it.
Maybe different switching method between brands as my VW radio will turn on without a key in and doesnt run the battery flat.

Got a bit confused with your title saying "Car Radio change over" LOL
AnswerID: 603968

Reply By: Member - Terry. G (TAS) - Tuesday, Aug 30, 2016 at 23:32

Tuesday, Aug 30, 2016 at 23:32
TOMH
Yes well the radio I pulled out was the same had the return feed as well ,so just slid radio into the same cradle and used same wiring loom ,old radio no problem new one same brand just diff model no go,but all is well now and to make matters even better it goes
Terry
AnswerID: 603987

Sponsored Links