Multiple-trailer towing fatality - W.A.

Submitted: Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 20:04
ThreadID: 133371 Views:9892 Replies:18 FollowUps:33
This Thread has been Archived
I am absolutely stunned to read of a major fatal accident locally - involving a vehicle towing BOTH a caravan, and a huge enclosed trailer, containing quad bikes!!

I am flabbergasted that there was someone with a drivers licence in Australia who didn't know and understand, that the law states that it is illegal to tow more than ONE trailer behind a car or truck in Australia - unless that tow vehicle is registered as a road train prime mover!

This imbecile had the trailer carrying the quad bikes part company with the caravan (surprise! - surprise!) - it then careered across the highway, and collided head-on with an oncoming truck, killing the driver!

This dope will now be up on manslaughter charges - he will have invalidated all his insurance - and he will no doubt be sued by the drivers family as well!!
I hope they throw the book at this total fool!

What amazes me is? - what were the cops and other suitably qualified people doing, when they passed, or saw this imbecile gaily parading down the highway with this illegal outfit?? (not only illegal on the multiple trailer towing angle, but illegal for length as well - and probably illegally exceeding the Dodge ute GCM).

If I saw a clown like this on the road, I'd be onto the coppers to get him stopped ASAP!!

If someone had done this, it just might have saved one blokes life!!

Truck driver killed after trailer being towed behind caravan detaches

Cheers, Ron.
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Pete G - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 20:38

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 20:38
Saw this in the press earlier today. I have seen reference to multiple trailers recently in another forum and was a bit surprised that some-one would publicise such exploits. (not the article which was in this forum and was only used off-road). Being local over that way are you able to collect and post any more photographs of the rig involved.

Regards, Pete_G

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 604077

Follow Up By: GREG T11 - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 21:18

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 21:18
Rest In Peace old mate. Just out doing your job and die doing it. Meanwhile some one wants to see pictures of the "rig"

Gotta love the priorities of some people.

Doesn't matter what the idiot was driving. he was way beyond the bounds of even the dumbest person to hold a licence.
FollowupID: 873760

Reply By: Member - Witi Repartee - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 20:58

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 20:58
With the correct licences I have a vague suspicion there may be a legal precedent for this in WA? I'll see what I can find.
AnswerID: 604078

Follow Up By: Kazza055 - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 21:25

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 21:25
Quiet clearly states here (http://www.transport.wa.gov.au/mediaFiles/licensing/LBU_VS_IB_107.pdf) that it is not allowed.

On the new tonight it showed a large 5th wheeler behind the GMC.
FollowupID: 873762

Reply By: 865 - Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 21:23

Saturday, Sep 03, 2016 at 21:23
You can just about get away with anything on WA roads, I have just returned from a caravan trip to Broome ,I saw only one police car on the Highways on the trip there & back.I generally sit on around 90 kms but I was left for dead with some Lunatics towing caravans with their caravans swaying noticeably
AnswerID: 604080

Follow Up By: AlanTH - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 10:05

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 10:05
I spotted a cop on our last trip, one of only 3 during the complete trip Perth - Kunnunura -GRR -Perth.
This one just popped out of the cop shop which is on the left as you enter Halls Creek, pointed his radar at incoming motorists approaching the towns 50 limit signs, got one (I couldn't see what he was doing but he was in a line of traffic so he wasn't racing) and then retired into the office again.
That's roughly the standard of road policing in WA.
Not that I'd want to do the job following some of the horrendous crashes we hear about, but if they were more visible and policed more than speeding offences, I'm sure there'd be less of them to attend.
AlanH.
FollowupID: 873771

Follow Up By: Ron N - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 10:48

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 10:48
Traffic policing is all about "modelling" and "numbers" and "graphs". It's what you get when you have university-educated Commissioners who fail to understand basic policing - getting the police out on the roads, and highly visible on a regular basis.

There will be a rash of road deaths in W.A. - and the police will respond with a campaign of a rush of cars on the road.
Then it will all just die off, as the Commish decides these police are just wasting their time tooling around the country in expensive vehicles, and they're needed in more important areas, such as crime control.

There has been a massive surge in robberies, assaults, and general crime in W.A. largely due to meths.
The crime rate jumped over 14% in the last 12 mths and the Commish is desperate to "make the figures look good" - so he reckons speed cameras will find the hoons and road rule flouters, and the police in cars are needed to catch the crims doing robberies and assaults.

There has been a doubling of the country road toll in the last year, and the cops are utterly bamboozled as to what to do about it.
Most of the deaths were simply people running off the road into trees after a night at the boozer - or driving long hours into the early morning, and going to sleep at the wheel.
In somewhere around half the country road deaths, the victims weren't wearing seatbelts. As the Americans say, "you cain't fix stoopid".

However, in the old days, the cops would loiter near the pubs at closing time and roar after anyone seen wobbling up to their car.
Now, the defence lawyers call it "entrapment", so it's not carried out.
Nothing like the sight of a police car to make people sit up straight and behave.

Cheers, Ron.
FollowupID: 873774

Reply By: 9900Eagle - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 05:11

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 05:11
Wouldn't mind a bit more info as I am always just a wee bit sceptical of media reports.

Having said that the only things that can tow multiple trailers besides trains and B configurations are graders which have an exemption.

Pretty sad for the truck driver and his family though.

Here is an interesting link to truck accidents and percentage of blame.

7 news Shake your head
AnswerID: 604084

Reply By: Alloy c/t - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 10:34

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 10:34
Before the ranting and raving it would make sense to get the actual facts right , that being that you can actually get permits to tow 2 trailers [in QLD at least] .You won't see them on major roads but are quite commonly used by DROVERS out our way along the long paddock during the drought..
AnswerID: 604091

Follow Up By: Ron N - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 10:58

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 10:58
We're talking about a crash in W.A. - not QLD - and the FACTS ARE - W.A. traffic laws forbid the towing of more than ONE trailer behind a car or truck, unless it is engineered and authorised and registered as a PRIME MOVER.

W.A. Safe Towing Information Bulletin

You can tow multiple trailers behind your car in America, too - but we aren't America.

FollowupID: 873775

Follow Up By: Dion - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 09:03

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 09:03
Alloy c/t, same squeaky clean can do no wrong Ron N that poo pooed the innovation behind the re-invigoration of the Marree Man.
FollowupID: 873817

Follow Up By: Ron N - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 09:29

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 09:29
Innovation?? Give me a break. I guess you reckon spray-painting a railway overpass with your initials, is "innovation", too?
You need to pull out your dusty dictionary and try to wrap your mind around the proper meaning of "innovation".
FollowupID: 873821

Reply By: The Bantam - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 12:59

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 12:59
This is an issue that I have encountered several times in live in person and on line discussions. ... and at least one other time on this forum.

Seems there are people "smarter than everybody else" who simply don't understand why we heavily restrict the towing of multiple trailers of any sort and require special licences to drive properly configured multiple trailer rigs.

I betya if it was permitted we would see quite a lot of people towing a boat or a bike trailer or flat towing a small car behind their caravan.

Serioulsy there are a lot of people who want to do this.

In a caravan industry and community where people generally are not aware of the fundamental instability of rear hitched caravans, the fundamental unsuitablity of many tow vehicles, persist in running right up to towing limits & beyond, possibly half the caravan rigs on the road are either illegal or are barely legal on the grounds of weight alone AND have pretty much no idea of why commercial and heavy transport does not do things the same way ......... it does not surprise me that people will extend their stupidity and try to tow multiple trailers.

It must be understood, that road trains, doubles and tripples are only allowed because they are very specific configurations ...... NONE ..... NONE, of those configurations contain a rear hitched pig trailer with a single centrally located axle group.
Those multiple trailer rigs all operate on speed restrictions and only on specificaly designated roads and under control of specifically licenced drivers.

Yes there are all sorts of weird things that can be specially permitted for agricultrual and other uses ...... but these specially permitted loads will be heavily restricted as to when and where they can travel and how fast.

Seriously, there are people out there who want to do this and can't be convinced that it is totally unreasonable.

cheers
AnswerID: 604100

Follow Up By: Dion - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 21:34

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 21:34
There is a company in Adelaide which tows two rear hitched pig trailers with a single centrally located axle group. The pig trailers are tandems, and are used, as is the truck as a tipper set up for hot mix asphalt. These were on ordinary roads. The configuration is authorised.
FollowupID: 873804

Follow Up By: The Bantam - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 00:16

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 00:16
I doubt very much that it would be permitted in most states.
FollowupID: 873808

Follow Up By: Dion - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 09:07

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 09:07
I wished I'd got a couple of photographs of these units. I saw them on three consecutive days as I was heading into work, and as the only occupant in my ute, found it hard to get a photo. First day was two Volvo N10 tippers, each with two two axle pig trailers. One unit still had a ringfeder on the trailing pig trailer, the other didn't. The following two days only saw one unit each.
A large bitumen contractor. Now that I know where their depot is, and where I saw them, it certainly wasn't a cheeky jaunt around the block.
FollowupID: 873818

Follow Up By: Blown4by - Sunday, Sep 25, 2016 at 13:24

Sunday, Sep 25, 2016 at 13:24
Did you notice if they had fixed or hinged drawbars because each handle and brake quite differently?
FollowupID: 874422

Follow Up By: Dion - Monday, Sep 26, 2016 at 05:55

Monday, Sep 26, 2016 at 05:55
Regrettably I did not notice if they were hinged or fixed drawbar pig trailers. They were always on the opposite side of a pretty wide median strip going the opposite way.
FollowupID: 874437

Reply By: Ron N - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 13:45

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 13:45
Back in the 1960's, when I was living and working in the W.A. wheatbelt as an earthmoving contractor, we had an old Pommy bloke name Jack O, working in a nearby town as a competitor.

Jack owned an ancient Cat bulldozer, a ute, a caravan, a fuel trailer, a wheeled trailing ripper, and a big 4 wheeled scoop called a LeTourneau Carryall.

Now, I had a low-loader to shift my 2 Cat bulldozers, and a Landrover to move the 500 gallon (2270L) fuel tanker trailer and caravans.

I also owned a Carryall, but it was moved by borrowing a wheeltractor or hooking it behind my prime mover - and I'd get a permit to move it.

However, old Jack O (who was in his 70's) didn't have enough money to buy a low-loader - so he'd hook up, to his old Cat - his big 4-wheeled scoop, his trailing wheeled ripper, his ute, his caravan, and his fuel tanker trailer - all into a nice big road train setup - and then he'd just drive the old Cat, pulling the whole shebang, gaily down the road, to the next damsinking job!!

The Shire would get furious with him about the tracks tearing up the road - the local cop was always shaking his head (nothing was road-registered, apart from his ute and caravan - and believe it or not, if you operate a dozer on the road - even doing clearing and earthworks on the road reserve, you have to have the dozer road-registered, and fitted with a number plate, for 3rd party insurance reasons) - yet old Jack reckoned they were all just carrying on about nothing of importance!

He reckoned the track-damaged road would settle back down with traffic use, and no-one would ever run into him, because he was big enough to be seen!

He reckoned there was no chance of him losing control of anything, because the whole rig never exceeded about 5 MPH (8kmh)!

Maybe old Jack had been a QLD drover, before he came to W.A.? LOL

Fortunately for all concerned, Jack inherited a big estate in Pommyland, and sold up, and returned to Pommyland to see out his final years there, without too much hard work! - and without causing any more angst, by ignoring every road traffic law and rule in the book!

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 604102

Reply By: Dion - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 21:45

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 21:45
AnswerID: 604114

Follow Up By: Ron N - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 22:12

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 22:12
Dion - Of course, in the above photo, the GCM of the Commodore hasn't been exceeded, has it? (rolls eyes).

Hate to think about the load on that 1st towball over some rough ground.

And then, after the major towbar and towball overload, you hooked up to a 'van and went touring on the highway?

Cheers, Ron.
FollowupID: 873806

Follow Up By: Dion - Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 22:23

Sunday, Sep 04, 2016 at 22:23
Thanks for asking Ron N, but to the best of my knowledge, I've never ever towed an aluminium speed hump (aka van), nor can I think of a time in the future that I am likely to tow one.
FollowupID: 873807

Follow Up By: Malcom M - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 07:58

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 07:58
Might those pics be on private roads?
FollowupID: 873810

Follow Up By: Dion - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 08:51

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 08:51
They were out on the farm Malcom.
FollowupID: 873813

Follow Up By: Malcom M - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 08:57

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 08:57
thought it might be and fair enough then. Do what they want on their own property.
It'd be interesting to get the train rolling if the ute was a manual :)
FollowupID: 873814

Follow Up By: Dion - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 09:01

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 09:01
The VS ute, 5.0L was a 5 speed manual. Prior to the VS ute, a VB sedan with 4.2L, Supra 5 speed manual and 9" diff was also hauling three trailers around.
FollowupID: 873816

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 12:23

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 12:23
Ron N , your answers shows your ignorance of basic physics the TOWBALL weight in either of the above pictures remains relatively constant be it 1 trailer or 2 or 3 or even bloody 10 , the ball weight is only generated by the FIRST trailer , so lets say 2 or even 2.5 tonnes of timber the ball weight would only be at a max 200 /250 kg which either one of the vehicles pictured are capable of LEGALLY.

FollowupID: 873825

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 17:07

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 17:07
Alloy,
Your followup indicates that, typically for you, you don't properly read what's posted and then go and shoot off at the mouth.

Ron didn't mention towball weight. He mentioned towball and towbar load, ie the drag that's on the towing system from multiple trailers. In that context his comment was quite valid, and if I may hazard a guess, far more informed than your contribution to this discussion.

I know it's difficult for you, but if you can't keep up, please try to keep it civil.
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 873830

Follow Up By: Alloy c/t - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 17:21

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 17:21
Frank P , neither is actually a problem the load on tow ball 1 is a constant as is the load on ball 2---3 ------10 , drag and overall resistance once mobile become a constant until moving uphill [ more drag and resistance ] or moving downhill [ less drag and resistance ] … tis the old 'Iknow it all ' bush laser Ron N forever stirring the pot , multiple trailer towing IS LEGAL with the appropriate permits and engineering .
FollowupID: 873831

Follow Up By: Frank P (NSW) - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 17:34

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 17:34
Alloy,
To be fai to you and let other readers know what's going on, my edits and your followup crossed in the ether.

Ron's post was not about towball weight, but about total load on the first towball on the back of the ute.

You're right, the weight won't change, but certainly the load will, and likely be excessive in a typical dynamic situation. Ie braking, aceleration, shock from obstacles, hills etc.

I accept that on a billiard table highway, once speed is atttained and stabilised, the loads may be minimal. But the real world is not like that.

Cheers
FrankP

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 873832

Reply By: Dion - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 09:35

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 09:35
AnswerID: 604123

Follow Up By: Kazza055 - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 10:46

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 10:46
Just because you have photos does not mean it is legal.

As per my earlier post, it is illegal to tow more than one trailer in WA and I would be surprised if this does not apply to all states.

What a farmer does on his farm has nothing to do with it being legal.
FollowupID: 873822

Follow Up By: Dion - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 12:03

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 12:03
Not my rig Kazza, top photo not mine, was posted on facebook. Bottom photo is mine, it was parked outside of Services SA and I noticed it there when I walked out of there attending to some business.
Doing this in major regional centres if foolhardy and I don't condone it.
FollowupID: 873824

Follow Up By: Kazza055 - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 12:27

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 12:27
If it was on Facebook it must be legal hahaha
FollowupID: 873826

Follow Up By: Echucan Bob - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 15:36

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 15:36
Backing it up the drive would be a bastard.
FollowupID: 873828

Follow Up By: Member - ACD 1 - Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 16:34

Monday, Sep 05, 2016 at 16:34
Good thing is, if you get a double jackknife you can check the load in the rear trailer from the drivers seat.

Cheers

Anthony
FollowupID: 873829

Follow Up By: The Bantam - Tuesday, Sep 06, 2016 at 09:38

Tuesday, Sep 06, 2016 at 09:38
What did I tell ya ...... lots of people want to do this ...... and some don't give a $#!^ about you or the road rules.

Watch out ... comming to a highway near you.

cheers
FollowupID: 873842

Follow Up By: Dion - Tuesday, Sep 06, 2016 at 14:53

Tuesday, Sep 06, 2016 at 14:53
I've heard if they all tandems, not to hard to back, but throw a single axle into the equation, yuk.
FollowupID: 873847

Follow Up By: vk1dx - Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 10:46

Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 10:46
I think they are two different trailer from the same franchise network. Unless one changed the left rear rim. I have a feint recollection of one in our local area as well.

A good decision to hide the company etc info mate.

Phil
FollowupID: 873896

Follow Up By: Dion - Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 11:22

Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 11:22
Could be two different trailers, but then that means they have two trailers that could be used as leads.
I don't know what the time frame is between the photo at the top, which isn't mine, and the one that I did take, changing wheels and the addition of the pvc pipe on the left hand side could have occurred in that time frame. I also noticed where the trailer is leading the other, it still has the trailer manufacturers mudflap, but in the photo I took, the firms own mudflaps are on it.
FollowupID: 873898

Reply By: Member - Mike P4 - Tuesday, Sep 06, 2016 at 23:33

Tuesday, Sep 06, 2016 at 23:33
What started as a conversation about some poor bloke turned into a rant fest. In WA you can't tow in tandem it's illegal. The chances of the cops catching him was slim unless the car was pictured in one of our numerous speed cameras. Patrol cars are so limited because it cost money to run them. Not enough cash for bang for Emporer Barnett. It's a very sad situation and the fool towing should get the book thrown at him.
AnswerID: 604181

Follow Up By: Member - ACD 1 - Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 00:07

Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 00:07
I think it started as a rant and degenerated from there...

Cheers

Anthony
FollowupID: 873872

Reply By: Pete G - Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 02:43

Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 02:43
Well GREG T11 - and your intelligent contribution to this debate is???.

Let me say this, I saw that report hours before Ron's post and leading upto Ron's post I pondered the fact that it could have been any one of us. Whilst perhaps you could have interpreted my motive to suit your purpose, let me assure you that I treat any attempted homicide on me very seriously. I do and will report things I regard as unsafe. In my own way I certainly do bother politicians, however, my voice is but one.

I try and base my deliberations on fact and this thread has so far provided me with nil. I am not arguing about legality - I always thought it was illegal. However, as I pointed out there was previous discussion on other forums about this and in fact a google gives some discussion on this site back in 2008.

My research suggests that it is allowed in some juridistictions in Aus and is common in the USA (although not in all states) usually as a fifth wheeler towing a trailer. My brother lives in the fair state of WA and reports that he has seen double tows (and not 5th wheelers) on a few occasions.

Several problems then arise:
There are units imported into Aus from the USA with a rear tow attachment so it is there and thus will get used
People see this in other juridistrictions of Aus and based on the power of the internet think this is legal.

There is always the potential that the right thing has been done and that the rig and driver are suitably approved and licenced as an MC. However the folly is that the characteristics are not as good as they could or should be. Should this not be the case then old bud most certainly deserves what is coming.

I will wait for some hard evidence to be fully judgemental. However there may well be a systemic problem as that unless WA is different, ADR's are a National requirement and an inspection is required for initial rego.

The only scenario's available are:
Unit imported from USA or elsewhere
Unit professionally made in Aus (Heaven forbid)
Unit is a self build (Heaven forbid)
Unit has been inspected rego'd and altered there-after (Heaven forbid)

The biggest issue we have in Aus is that we do not have Aus wide consistent laws. It only took 130 years or so to get some commonality in rail gauges enabling travel Perth, Adelaide, Melbourne, Sydney, Brisbane without need to change gauge. If we take 1912 ie T Ford as the base date for road transport sadly we still have 26 years to wait.

Paul Keating kicked a few heads and got things rolling on standardization, however the momentum has since been lost. If the Feds ever got serious it should be a fairly easy move to apply a torniquet to the pocket ie restrict funds until the respective states fall into line.

I fail to see the folly of each state doing their own thing, perhaps the annual ###fest and bicky dipping interstate jolly at taxpayer expense is the primary driver.

I would suggest that we have a window of opportunity to get change effected given the current political climate.

Yeah I sat back and watched the debate unfold - no surprise really where it ended up. If keyboard warriors and trolls are going to hijack debates and flame people, sensible people just close up and remain silent. Used properly forums such as this can be a wealth of information and a driver for change. Remember "all it takes for evil to flourish is for good men to do nothing".

Regards

Pete G

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 604182

Reply By: vk1dx - Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 11:29

Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 11:29
Picture it. Nashos, Feb 1967, 2 Base Stores Depot Moorebank NSW, big tin Nissan sheds, bloody hot day, a huge shed full of Army cars and trailer to be emptied asap. Things were always asap when Vietnam was active. "Why empty the shed", "Just do as you are told"!! "How" we ask. "You work it out Corporal"

So we grab two forklifts and off we go. We got the 50 or so trailers out by hooking them up 10 at a time to the fork lifts. Legal - on Army land. Efficient Yep. Safe well that's debatable as no one was hurt and no damages. They had couplings both ends made for the job but the slack was almost a mete and they almost had a mind of their own. It was fun though.

What was better was the 50 or so Holdens FB's - EH's that had less than 100 miles on the meter. Beautiful cars but NO AIRCON. Lots of flat batteries though. But all fired up okay. They did get started often. Or were supposed to be started and idled for a while.

The beer was even better after that job. Fond and fun memories.

Phil

These were the trailers;

AnswerID: 604186

Reply By: Dion - Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 11:57

Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 11:57
AnswerID: 604187

Reply By: Dion - Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 11:59

Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 11:59
AnswerID: 604188

Reply By: Dion - Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 12:00

Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 12:00
AnswerID: 604189

Reply By: Dion - Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 12:02

Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 12:02
AnswerID: 604190

Reply By: Dion - Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 12:05

Wednesday, Sep 07, 2016 at 12:05
AnswerID: 604191

Follow Up By: nickb - Thursday, Sep 08, 2016 at 06:40

Thursday, Sep 08, 2016 at 06:40
You use a lot of firewood haha!!
FollowupID: 873930

Reply By: Dean K3 - Sunday, Sep 11, 2016 at 17:55

Sunday, Sep 11, 2016 at 17:55
ron,

yes being a west aussie heard about it on the news, same as yourself.

I've been off grid so just catching up here n there. Only way this would be allowed to happen if it was engineered and certified by road transport as a multi combo vehicle and driver endorsed for such combination.

I do recall a number of years ago a bloke down albany way had a 5th wheeler caravan hooked up to his patrol (one of the good 6cyl jobs) and needed to take boat so with approval was allowed to hook up his boat trailer behind the 5th wheeler perfectly legal and complaint -got the truckies talking abit

but in this case i suspect driver is hot water and has ability to afford a damn good lawyer
AnswerID: 604301

Sponsored Links