What a Month

Submitted: Monday, May 31, 2004 at 18:28
ThreadID: 13339 Views:1626 Replies:4 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Every weekend this month, except for one, I have been down at Braidwood. This is where Great Divide Tours has its training grounds. Over 100 people have been through the 4 different training programs that we provide.
Vic asked me how much notice I needed to do back up for the Kimberley trip in July. I will have a Simpson Desert crossing finishing just before the start of the Kimberley trip I think I will have to pack a extra pair of undies before I go.
This is the only job I have had where I ask the boss for more work, but I don't mind a weekend off if only to see what the house looks like in the day light.

Wayne
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 19:09

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 19:09
Every weekend this month, including the one you missed, I have been downstairs at Bellevue Heights. This is where Tracy has me slaving away with a Hitachi Jackhammer. Over 100 hours of digging bloody holes!

I asked Tracy how much notice she would need to give me a leave pass to go away on the June long weekend.

I know what under my house looks like, it's the rest of the country side I'd like to see........

Lucky bugger!!
AnswerID: 61065

Follow Up By: Des Lexic - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 22:18

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 22:18
Well Ian, I am happy to announce that you have just won an all expenses not paid weekend away with your lovely wife/partner/girlfiend at down town Berri, camping on the banks of the Majestic Murray River on a lovely golden sand bar. In addition, you will get to meet some really lovely people (Roachie and Me don't count), Drive through a Victorian National Park and Gaze across the water from the Histerically registered Customs House into far western New South Wales. In addition, you will have the opportunity to sit around a roaring bonfire drinking copious amounts of miscelaneous beveridges and telling numerous lies. All this at your own expense.
Besides this, all work and no play makes Ian a dull boy and Tracey wouldn't want that would she?
Last Saturday, I was paddling around the area and saw Mountain Ducks, Wood Ducks, Black Ducks,Chesnut Teal, Black Swans, 2 different egrets, Pelicans, Whistling Kites, Tree Creepers, Galah's, Ring neck parrots,Red Rump Parrots plus others that I couldn't get close enough to see.
Then there were the Kangaroos too. The photography is just magic there too.
Have I raised the temptation bar yet?
FollowupID: 322676

Follow Up By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 23:06

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 23:06
WOW Roachie I made it into the lovely person list, not like you and him !!! LOLOL
FollowupID: 322686

Reply By: Member - Pesty (SA) - Monday, May 31, 2004 at 21:06

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 21:06
Hell Wayne not sure what to say about the terrible job you have, I know you would prefer to be home on Sundays to mow the lawn, but someone has to show some of these newbees how to travel OUR 4by spots, tracks and roads properly. LOL
Hope the desert and the NW wont drain you too much so you can come back and spin us some yarns.
AnswerID: 61084

Follow Up By: Member - Roachie- Monday, May 31, 2004 at 21:39

Monday, May 31, 2004 at 21:39
Yeh Pesty,
I reckon Wayne needs a commendation for spending that much time away from home....the poor bugga. There's no way you or I could handle a job like that; is there??????????????
I hope he is appreciated at home for all the sacrifices he makes.

lololololol

Wayne, What's the chances of a job as a side-kick??
FollowupID: 322668

Follow Up By: Wayne (NSW) - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 18:48

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 18:48
Roachie,
If you get rid of the Nissan you might have half a chance as a side kick. 10 weekends at home last year, I can't see that many this year, Stockton Beach this Sunday, Deua National Park on the long weekend, and another driver training weekend and that is only for June. Then the big trip, Simpson Desert and then maybe the Kimberley.
I had to buy my wife, Belinda, a lawn mower that she could start easy, so i think that I am very considerate, next I will get her a ladder, I noticed the cutters need cleaning.
Wayne
FollowupID: 322780

Reply By: Member - John (Vic) - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 00:14

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 00:14
Hi Wayne
Good to see you back safe and sound.
Great to see you had a good time.

Hope to catch you up in the High country again soon.

Regards
John
VKS737 - Mobile 6352 (Selcall 6352)

Lifetime Member
My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 61114

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 06:29

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 06:29
Thats a bugger.
If you hear of anyone who would still like to go to the cape we have one spot left for july 26 at a special price..

All the best
Eric

www.capeyorkconnections.com.au
AnswerID: 61119

Sponsored Links