Holland Track condition

Submitted: Wednesday, Sep 14, 2016 at 21:27
ThreadID: 133443 Views:2985 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Have looked in trek notes but nothing recent. We are heading up for the Queens birthday long weekend. I will check with the shire before hand but has anybody done this recently. We have done it a couple of times before I consider it quite easy. But our son and his family are dragging a trailer along with them just curious of the conditions with the large amount of rain we have had. Thanks in advance Mike going from Hyden to Coolgardie
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Graham N (SA) - Thursday, Sep 15, 2016 at 20:43

Thursday, Sep 15, 2016 at 20:43
Did the Holland Track a couple of weeks ago solo with a T-van, it was quite muddy in places and managed to slip into a hole and got hung up on the bank. Showed a lot more caution from then on and got out of the vehicle in places to fine some of the 'chicken' tracks that were hard to find. There were other people on the track with trailers as well. I'm sure you will be fine especially with more than one vehicle.
That was the second trip down there for me the other time they had had more than 50 mm of rain at Kalgoorlie before we went and we found tracks around the worst holes.
Some great camping spots along there as you know, we even camped in one spot for a couple of nights to let the rain pass, that didn't work it was still raining.
Cheers
Graham
AnswerID: 604426

Follow Up By: Member - Mike P4 - Friday, Sep 16, 2016 at 21:09

Friday, Sep 16, 2016 at 21:09
Thanks a lot for the info. Looks like more rain heading that way next week we will see how we go. Thanks again Graham
FollowupID: 874210

Reply By: Ron N - Friday, Sep 16, 2016 at 23:14

Friday, Sep 16, 2016 at 23:14
Precipitation levels in the Eastern Wheatbelt through to the Goldfields have been pretty light all this month.

Rainfall for Sept - Hyden

Rainfall for Sept - Kalgoorlie-Boulder

This isn't to say you can't get the odd localised downpour with the right conditions.

In general, September is the month when everything is drying out rapidly in that neck of the woods.

Great time to be out there, wish I could get away, the wildflowers are stupendous this year.

Cheers, Ron.
AnswerID: 604458

Sponsored Links