Making own routes/treks etc in Exploroz Traveller for Android

Submitted: Friday, Sep 23, 2016 at 15:02
ThreadID: 133484 Views:3558 Replies:2 FollowUps:2
This Thread has been Archived
I've just purchased ExplorOz Traveller for my Samsung S7 and purchased all the extra maps etc and all works well. I can load any of the 182 treks available and they work. I can make a new way point and travel to it and even save it as a trek.
What I can't do:
1. I can't import .gpx files from this site or others (can't find anyway of doing that)
2. I can't create my own route/trek/track etc as I have done in Hema Explorer or Memory Maps. I can pick a destination and laboriously add other way-points but that is terribly time consuming.
Any help appreciated and yes I have done a lot of searching before posting here.
Cheers
Michael
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - wicket - Friday, Sep 23, 2016 at 15:49

Friday, Sep 23, 2016 at 15:49
.................2. I can't create my own route/trek/track etc as I have done in Hema Explorer or Memory Maps. I can pick a destination and laboriously add other way-points but that is terribly time consuming.................

Yes, I find this a bit of an issue in an otherwise good app.
AnswerID: 604593

Follow Up By: Member - oiler1 - Friday, Sep 23, 2016 at 16:20

Friday, Sep 23, 2016 at 16:20
Oh Ok, at least it is not just me. Lets hope this gets fixed or someone else has a solution otherwise it was an expensive purchase for not much gain.
FollowupID: 874376

Reply By: Member - Howezit - Monday, Sep 26, 2016 at 00:50

Monday, Sep 26, 2016 at 00:50
1. I can't import .gpx files from this site or others

I am looking at purchasing this app, but this issue also bothers me.
I currently have a Hema HN6 as a stand alone GPS, as well as the Android apps for Hema Explorer and OziExplorer on my Samsung tablet.
I was looking to include this app in my arsenal, but this is a bit of a showstopper... especially considering I already have the other apps, so don't really *need* another one ;)
As part of trip preparation, we regularly prepare a track log and pass the track log around to the other trip attendees, so that they can load the track into their GPS software prior to commencing the trip.
I also like to have the track log available to all my navigation apps.
Is it not possible to import a track file into this app?
--You're never too old to learn something stupid--

My Profile  Send Message

AnswerID: 604655

Follow Up By: Member - oiler1 - Monday, Sep 26, 2016 at 07:57

Monday, Sep 26, 2016 at 07:57
I can't find a way to import a file. I have also asked on a few forums and no answers are forthcoming. I too like to trip plan with my fellow riders and we generally share the files before we go. I purchased before I found out this detail otherwise it would have been a deal breaker for me.
FollowupID: 874438

Sponsored Links