2017 Historic Joining of the Railways Update

Submitted: Saturday, Oct 15, 2016 at 21:39
ThreadID: 133603 Views:3787 Replies:1 FollowUps:4
This Thread has been Archived
Good Evening Everyone

I have just got off of the phone from my great friend, Murray from Ceduna and he has given me important updated information about next years historic event.

It is now a real goer, with the Oak Valley Aboriginal being involved, as well as some major players over on the west coast.

There will be new monuments erected as well as a memorial plaque.

This event will be of National importance, so if you would like to be part of this Special event, then please keep Tuesday 17th October 2017 free.

The moment that I have further information, you will be the first to know.

Cheers

Stephen

Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 7 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Phil G (SA) - Sunday, Oct 16, 2016 at 11:48

Sunday, Oct 16, 2016 at 11:48
Hi Stephen,
Came across this while sorting photos - its at the railway siding at Cook
AnswerID: 605139

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Oct 16, 2016 at 20:50

Sunday, Oct 16, 2016 at 20:50
Hi Phil

Yes I have that very same photo, but did not use it only for the fact that cook was not the actual place where the actual joining took place back in 1917.

From what Murray was telling me, they are hoping for a very large crowd turn out, so I hope that we can get as many EO members to help celebrate this very special occasion.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 874930

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Sunday, Oct 16, 2016 at 21:18

Sunday, Oct 16, 2016 at 21:18
Hi Phil,

Here is the same place taken over a couple of years.

Image one is Jo from Westprint Maps and Fiona catching up on internet and phone message after being out in the desert for more than a week.

I wonder just how many people take a photo of that very same seat at Cook?

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 874931

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Monday, Oct 17, 2016 at 08:12

Monday, Oct 17, 2016 at 08:12
Stephen,

Can you say who is organising this? I have written to some federal and state politicians, and while generally they have shown no interest, the SA Opposition Leader Steven Marshall has shown some interest. I would like to point him in the right direction so any efforts are coordinated.
FollowupID: 874933

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Monday, Oct 17, 2016 at 08:38

Monday, Oct 17, 2016 at 08:38
Hi Boobook

Murray was saying that there are some big, well known West Coast businesses involved and the main big body was the West Coast Regional Developement Board, who will be pushing it hard for the Tourism Potential.

There is still a lot of the behind the scene working going on and when I find out more, will post it for all the see. There is now even hope again of a special train to be at the ceremony, so from a stagnant start, it has now realy got momentum and let's hope it keeps up that way, as today by the date this time next year will mark the 100th Aniversary.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 874934

Sponsored Links