Kimberly kamper gullwing box

Submitted: Sunday, Oct 16, 2016 at 12:33
ThreadID: 133606 Views:4352 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi, just got myself a 2nd hand 2008 RV sports model in original condition, problem is this model has the fibreglass storage pod on the front with no fridge slide. Anyone know where i can get a gullwing box to fit or a good place where i could get a custom box made?
Have spoken to KK and they say not much they can do ....?
I live in Perth WA, any help appreciated.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - DingoBlue(WA) - Sunday, Oct 16, 2016 at 18:50

Sunday, Oct 16, 2016 at 18:50
Try L&W Trailers in Morangup (9572 9336)
Fabricated box for my camper and did an excellent job.
Rather a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 605145

Reply By: bellony - Tuesday, Oct 18, 2016 at 01:19

Tuesday, Oct 18, 2016 at 01:19
Have you considered putting the fridge in the car instead? Has a few advantages like cooler in summer, always with you, keeps weight off the draw bar which is always an issue with the gullwings, and can be done for free. Our 2004 model has gullwings and the fridge gets left in the car permanently.
AnswerID: 605185

Reply By: Andrew C23 - Tuesday, Oct 18, 2016 at 12:14

Tuesday, Oct 18, 2016 at 12:14
Thanks for the info, i like to carry a fidge in the car at all times and car is setup to hold the engel 32l. Like to have a fridge in the camper for convenience and extra capacity.
Found a business in Balcatta who helped me design a very good and practical storage box and a reasonable price, they even done up a detailed drawing and will safely store everything i need. Will have it in a few weeks.
Anyone want to buy the fg box? Its original kk and like new, has extraction fans, power socket, lockable.
AnswerID: 605193

Reply By: gbc - Wednesday, Oct 19, 2016 at 17:52

Wednesday, Oct 19, 2016 at 17:52
Might be a long shot but the mdc cape York is similar in dimension (Chinese flattery). If there is an mdc place near you they may be able to assist.
AnswerID: 605214

Sponsored Links