tool kit

Submitted: Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 17:53
ThreadID: 13367 Views:1907 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all again, I have checked the Archive and have had no luck

I was wondering if anyone has the time to type up a list of tools & sizes I should have in a tool kit for my Nissan Patrol GQ .. or does anyone know of a basic checkm list could get ???
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Lone Wolf - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 18:01

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 18:01
Ya know....... the strangest thing occured to me.

When I was 15 years old, way back in 1973 / 4 ....... yeah.. do the math.........

I used to live on a Sheep Station up at Purple Downs, next to Roxby Downs....... before it was a mine.

Anyway, we had a Nissan, couple of Tojo's & 3 Suzuki's.

With the Toyota's back then, the claim was tou should in theory, be able to pull down and rebuild a Tojo with the basic kit. The kit was in like a roll up canvas bag, and had HEAPS of tools.

Those days are looooooong gone. Crappy jack & tyre lever is about all you get nowadays.
AnswerID: 61221

Reply By: GUNBUD (VIC) - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 18:40

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 18:40
Your not wrong there mate thats all I got
AnswerID: 61231

Reply By: Member - AndrewPatrol - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 21:04

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 21:04
Check in the "Trip PLanning" pull-down menu at the top of the page.
AnswerID: 61257

Reply By: Member - Roachie- Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 22:52

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 22:52
Gunbud,
I just carry an assortment of metric ring and open-ended spanners and sockets with rachet & breaker bars, impact wrench, uni joint connector etc which i've collected over the years from 8mm up to 25mm. I also have a few screwdrivers, 3 shifters, pliers (long nose and normal), multigrips, vice grips, 12v soldering iron, mini screwdrivers set, mini hack saw, electrical wire tool, multimeter, various fuses and wire terminals and wire, 3 jacks (standard, hydraulic and high lift), axe, shovel etc etc....torch, 2 fire extinguishers, box of assorted nuts, bolts, screws etc.
I think that more or less covers my stuff except for recovery gear.
Hope this helps......mine is a GU, but pretty much the same requirements.
It also depends on how remote you're likely to want to go too. Not much point carrying all that stuff if your never more than a couple hundred klicks from civilisation.
Cheers,
AnswerID: 61282

Reply By: Member - Melissa - Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 23:58

Tuesday, Jun 01, 2004 at 23:58
We've got our standard tool kit and spares listed on our website. I think you'll find our list is fairly consistant with what many others carry and similar to the ExplorOz teams recommendations under the Trip Planning, What to Take menu.

:o) Melissa
AnswerID: 61293

Sponsored Links