Waeco cf35 warning light?

Submitted: Monday, Nov 14, 2016 at 13:35
ThreadID: 133762 Views:5660 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
G'day all, my Waeco cf35 warning light is blinking 3 times each 4 sec's, is that an expensive fix, can it be done by handy me or a pro? thanks
"the only thing constant in my life is change"

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Malcom M - Monday, Nov 14, 2016 at 13:58

Monday, Nov 14, 2016 at 13:58
Maybe download the manual and see what it means first?
AnswerID: 605889

Reply By: Notso - Monday, Nov 14, 2016 at 16:10

Monday, Nov 14, 2016 at 16:10
The thing I'd check first, is there enough voltage getting to the fridge.

If you have a high resistance in the circuit or your battery is defective the voltage at the fridge may drop too low.
AnswerID: 605892

Reply By: maurice b - Monday, Nov 14, 2016 at 22:17

Monday, Nov 14, 2016 at 22:17
I had two of the CF 35 In my freight trucks .Mine did this If the battery droped in voltage or resistance occurs in wiring or somtimes we you started the truck if battery was low. I would manualy reset it by switching it off at the High/Low switch then switch back on and leave on High. Great fridges, early one's had the German made Danfoss compressors mine have been running fault free since 2002 up to early this year and only switch them off on weekends.
AnswerID: 605902

Reply By: Member - Blue M - Tuesday, Nov 15, 2016 at 00:28

Tuesday, Nov 15, 2016 at 00:28
Aussie, this was taken from the Waeco FAQ page.

If the POWER LED is flashing once every five seconds this means that the refrigerator is sensing low voltage. The battery needs to be recharged or the wiring in the vehicle may be inadequate, or, you need to adjust the battery protection level to a lower setting.

The ERROR LED flashing means;

Twice every 5 seconds: The fan has a problem. Is something jamming the fan blade such as a pencil poked through the vent by a child? If not, the fan may be faulty and you should contact an authorised service centre.

Thrice every five seconds: Power may have been interrupted at a critical stage of the refrigeration cycle. Switch off for ten minutes then restart the refrigerator. If problem persists, contact an authorised service centre.

Four times every five seconds: Compressor struggling to achieve speed. Switch off, wait 10 minutes then attempt restart. If problem persists contact an authorised service centre.

Five times every five seconds: The unit is overheating. Check that the vents are not blocked by other equipment in the vehicle. It is easy for example to toss a sleeping bag in the back of your wagon and it could roll against the vent causing an overheat situation. The vents should be kept clear at all times.

Hope this is of some help to you.
Cheers
AnswerID: 605909

Reply By: Sigmund - Friday, Nov 18, 2016 at 03:09

Friday, Nov 18, 2016 at 03:09
Yeah, you may need to load test your battery. It can read 12.5 v say but still not provide enough current to start the fridge compressor.
AnswerID: 605974

Sponsored Links