Article Comment: Vic High Country

We received a letter today from Woods Point Police advising that they and the DEWLP officers are particularly concerned about fire safety in the nearby mountains and bush during this summer season and that fines apply for ignoring fire restrictions. I have attached the letter outlining the concerns and the penalties imposed.They also advise that the tracks around Woods Point and District have not had a lot of work on them this year so far and you will come across trees, the odd landslide etc so be prepared.Furthermore, they advise that there is a lot of heavy vehicle movement between teh A1 Mine and Mansfield. the Mansfield Woods Point Road can be very narrow with soft edges through from Gaffney’s Creek to the A1 Mine track, as well as between Gaffney’s Creek and Knockwood. There is also danger through Kevington and 10 Mile’s narrow section of the road. These Truck Drivers are using channel 40 UHF to warn motorists of their presence. I advise all users of UHF to tune to that channel at all times when traveling on the Mansfield Woods Point Road.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 3 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Boobook - Thursday, Nov 24, 2016 at 17:08

Thursday, Nov 24, 2016 at 17:08
Good ol Ken. Ignore any law in his territory at your own peril.

Breathalyzers at Mt Skene when it is closed and covered in Snow.
Parking tickets for parking in the wrong side of the road in Matlock where the population is about 15, there are wide parking areas and almost zero cars passing through.

Gotta keep busy somehow I guess.
AnswerID: 606170

Reply By: Member - Bruce and Di T (SA) - Friday, Nov 25, 2016 at 19:08

Friday, Nov 25, 2016 at 19:08
We're just back from the High Country and these trucks are large and the road is narrow. We sat on the side of the road and waited for them to pass. They all appeared to be driving faster than we were. We kept our lights on so that we could be seen, perhaps, through the cloud of dust they created. It's interesting that they say the road past Kevington is unsuitable for caravans but these were trucks with pig trailers.

However it is a beautiful place and well worth the visit. We did have fires, but the temperatures were low and no fire bans.

Di
AnswerID: 606220

Sponsored Links