Streetsmart Travellers Atlas of WA by Landgate

Submitted: Friday, Dec 09, 2016 at 14:04
ThreadID: 133916 Views:4264 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
This map book is out of print and I am chasing something which shows all the pastoral stations and their boundaries in the Murchison, Pilbara areas of WA. Does anyone know of another map book which shows this details, or would anyone have a copy (10th Edition) they could lend/sell/ etc. I need the names and the boundaries of stations along the Rabbit Proof Fence. Does anyone know a good map showing details of the RPF??
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Ted (Vic) - Friday, Dec 09, 2016 at 15:58

Friday, Dec 09, 2016 at 15:58
Hi Ben

Try this place
Book Sales
AnswerID: 606562

Reply By: Member - Ben B (WA) - Friday, Dec 09, 2016 at 17:21

Friday, Dec 09, 2016 at 17:21
Thanks for the suggestion Ted. They are all saying it is unavailable. However, I think I am onto one now thanks to my good mate Duncan W (WA).
AnswerID: 606565

Reply By: Member - Scrubby (VIC) - Friday, Dec 09, 2016 at 21:08

Friday, Dec 09, 2016 at 21:08
I am not 100% sure Ben but I reckon the WA DMP (Department , Minerals, & Petroleum) have that information re. station contacts. Worth a try.

Scrubby.
AnswerID: 606571

Reply By: Member - ACD 1 - Friday, Dec 09, 2016 at 21:29

Friday, Dec 09, 2016 at 21:29
Hi Ben

An often overlooked source of information in today's age of Internet - the State Library of WA will have a copy in their archival collection.

You can access these, read them, take notes (pencil and paper only) and they will allow you to take digital photos if you take a USB to store the images.

Unfortunately, you won't be able to borrow it.

Cheers

Anthony
AnswerID: 606574

Reply By: Dean K3 - Saturday, Dec 10, 2016 at 13:20

Saturday, Dec 10, 2016 at 13:20
Majority of pastoral lease are now under DPAW control, a few still do exist though. They would have a list of what they now control

Most roads out that way will have signs on them declaring what station your entering and leaving.

Should also be aware its a offence to traverse alongside state agricultural protection barrier fence. with heft fines imposed

I'm unable to paste in pictures for some reason

AnswerID: 606590

Follow Up By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Tuesday, Dec 13, 2016 at 16:48

Tuesday, Dec 13, 2016 at 16:48
Not a correct statement

"Majority of pastoral lease are now under DPAW control, a few still do exist though"

Yes DPAW have purchased a significant number over the years but they would still be in the minority as far as Pastoral Stations ownership goes.

With some exceptions DPAW have targeted properties in areas of ecological importance and in areas where it was becoming uneconomic owing to sheep/cattle prices prevailing at the time and also smaller in area...More often that not (but with exceptions) they are in the more arid zones.

As for signs entering and leaving.......well sometimes yes and sometimes no.

Travel along the State Barrier Fence is not an issue...all you require is a valid reason and obtain a permit.
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 876383

Sponsored Links