Has anyone driven a "Kluger" offroad ?

Submitted: Wednesday, Jun 02, 2004 at 15:54
ThreadID: 13392 Views:2273 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
I am aware that the Toyota Kluger should have little difficulty on level tracks or the beach, but am interested to know whether anyone has driven or seen a Kluger in action on the deeply rutted inland tracks of either Fraser or Moreton Island. Is it as capable as a RAV4 automatic for instance?

Rgds
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Baz (NSW) - Wednesday, Jun 02, 2004 at 19:40

Wednesday, Jun 02, 2004 at 19:40
I have been told by someone who has driven it, it is like a Camry with AWD but more ground clearence.

Baz.
AnswerID: 61394

Reply By: Billy - Wednesday, Jun 02, 2004 at 21:06

Wednesday, Jun 02, 2004 at 21:06
We have had one for about a month. Wife's daily driver. Never been off tar so I can't help you with that side of it. It's got good clearance with nothing dangling but no protection to speak of underneath. It's got a pretty long wheel base so I think a SWB RAV4 would probably go further in rough territory. Sand should not be a problem although I have not tested the traction control yet, it's got a heap of grunt (172KW) and good gearing with a 5 speed auto.

It is based on a Camry wagon platform and raised (like Forrester/Imprezza, Outback/Liberty), floorpan, motor, gearbox is shared with the Lexus RX330 as is the driveline/traction control in the Grande, others have an LSD. Understeers a bit, has 7 seats and quality is first class.

Regds

Bill
AnswerID: 61422

Sponsored Links