Caravan Checking Point.

Submitted: Wednesday, Jan 18, 2017 at 20:08
ThreadID: 134134 Views:3765 Replies:2 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived
I would surprised that there were not more comments on this story ,particularly from people who tow big vans with 4WD 4doors Utes which I suspect have not meet the legal requirements for a long time.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Bob Y. - Qld - Wednesday, Jan 18, 2017 at 22:45

Wednesday, Jan 18, 2017 at 22:45
Are you referring to the thread by Motherhen recently, on this subject, 2517?

Bob

Seen it all, Done it all.
Can't remember most of it.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 607728

Reply By: Motherhen - Wednesday, Jan 18, 2017 at 23:39

Wednesday, Jan 18, 2017 at 23:39
If you are referring to the Caravan Weights and Safety thread Bob has referred to 2517, I have just posted a summary of the two days Caravan Weights and Safety at Newmerella Victoria
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 607731

Follow Up By: Member - batsy - Thursday, Jan 19, 2017 at 11:10

Thursday, Jan 19, 2017 at 11:10
Firstly Motherhen I would like to compliment you (& the other social media outlets) for taking the time (& quite a lot of uninformed flack) to become involved & promote this very important subject. I think it important to acknowledge & compliment the sergeant of police at Orbost for his proactive & professional approach to this problem as well.
The whole area of "towing" is like a beach full of quick sand, ready to swallow anyone who treads on it with so many facets .I hope that there is a renewed level of informed discussion now as a result of this operation . As one person commented "It would be great to see this type of operation rolled out in each state to educate & inform".

Cheers
Batsy
Every day vertical above ground is a bonus.

FollowupID: 877466

Follow Up By: 9900Eagle - Thursday, Jan 19, 2017 at 13:11

Thursday, Jan 19, 2017 at 13:11
batsy, have a look at this link. You can see they are trying to educate on vans in Queensland.

Caravan checks
FollowupID: 877470

Follow Up By: Motherhen - Thursday, Jan 19, 2017 at 13:20

Thursday, Jan 19, 2017 at 13:20
Thanks Batsy

It was a massive project on the part of Sgt Shenton to get this approved and organised. Although only a limited number could attend and be weighed, a reason for the publicity was to get caravanners (and so it seems camper trailer owners) thinking about their situation.

A few weigh-in days have been organised in the past, but this one was much bigger, and has given Vic Police Department meaningful statistics. The report that went to them would have included a lot more statistics than the report for us.

As Eagle has pointed out, the industry in Queensland is also doing something, and from I think two weighing days last year, there is an extensive schedule proposed this year, and at a widespread number of venues across the state.

In Western Australia, the Shire of Wanneroo holds caravan safety inspection days, but they do not have weighing facilities. This will be on held this year around Easter, date to be confirmed.

Travel safe.

Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member

FollowupID: 877471

Sponsored Links