Wheel Alignment

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 03, 2004 at 16:45
ThreadID: 13421 Views:1437 Replies:3 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Just wondering if anyone knows where is a good place anywhere in Melbs eastern suburbs to get a wheel align job , incl the steering wheel being straight when completed on my 99 Jack. Appreciate any suggestions.
thanks, & happy travellin,
Pete.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Gajm (VIC) - Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 00:22

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 00:22
i know a good place to stay away from, its in frankston, sells secondhand tyres. MY mate recently took his dads wheel there to get a couple of decent tyres put on, and the bloke working the bead breaking press was busy taking with another mate who just rolled in, and he didn't notice that he was crushing the rim on my mates wheel, even after the god almighty bang..

Then had the nerve to say "mate, you been hitting a few kerbs?" my mate said "are you kidding, you just crushed that then, i watched you!' he said 'no way, this hasnt the power to crush a rim, you must have brought it in like this,,,but never mind, we can fix it" out came a shifter and a hammer, and he proceeded to bend and hit the rim into some sort of shape. My mate said i dong care how good you get that, its' yours now, i want another, so they got the mangager who agreed it could be fixed.

My mate stuck to his guns and they said ok, we can order you one by next week.. he explained he needed one now..and offered to call a few wreckers and go and get one himself, which he ended up doing, when he got back they still denied doing it, or that the machine even had the power to, so he said lets put the old wheel back on and see if that machine can actualy crush it....they said they cant, 'we arent going to risk the machine just to see if it could do it' so short version, but he wont be going anywhere near that place again
AnswerID: 61597

Reply By: rolande- Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 01:13

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 01:13
Pete,
Depending on how far east you are, there is a truck alignment place on the Hume at Campbellfield that do O.K. on 4X4's, think they are called pro-axle alignment, may be worth a call if you don't find anything closer. hope this helps
Rolande
AnswerID: 61602

Reply By: Member - Peter Z (VIC) - Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:56

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 09:56
Gajm, Yeah you don't need these people to stuff you around like that, they just take you for a fool. Another mob to give a miss to is " Delarue Tyres" on Dandenong Rd Malvern East-- BAD NEWS!
And thanks ROLANDE, I'm around the Burwood area and if I don't find anyone closer I could book her in to be done in 3 weeks on my way to Heathcote.
thanks,
happy travellin.
AnswerID: 61632

Sponsored Links