Article Review: ExplorOz Traveller Feedback & FAQ

I do not know if I want to run the Traveller App on my phone, or my tablet, or maybe even both. Is it possible to run it on both devices, and if not, how easy is it to move from one to the other?
Smartphones are easily lost, damaged, or stolen. How do you backup your information, and how do you set up the Traveller App on your replacement smartphone with your saved data?
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Thursday, Feb 09, 2017 at 14:57

Thursday, Feb 09, 2017 at 14:57
Hi Chris, as with all apps - whether from Apple's App Store or Google's Playstore, once you have purchased the app you can download this to all compatible devices through your same account - so if you have an Android phone and an Android tablet then you only pay once for the Traveller App - so if you replace a device you simply log back into your Google account and download the apps you previously purchased. Same applies with the Apple store and you can also use family sharing to share to kids devices etc.

the only time you need to pay twice is if you have some Apple devices and some Android devices because the app is purchased from separate stores for the different operating systems. However you never have to pay twice for the Premium Map Pack as that is controlled via your ExplorOz profile so if you have an iPad for example and an Android phone you just login to both devices using your ExplorOz profile and on one device you make the in-app purchase and then have access to download the maps to that device, when you log in to the other device the maps will be ready in the data manger to download - no in-app purchase required for the second device.

As the app is linked to your ExplorOz profile it all syncs via that. Of course, any downloaded data for offline use needs to be downloaded again but public data. Your private data is synced via your profile logged in so is always available to you.

Hope this helps clarify your concerns.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 608402

Sponsored Links