Camping & Track checks.

Submitted: Thursday, Jun 03, 2004 at 19:17
ThreadID: 13429 Views:1618 Replies:3 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
Hi,
Am heading off on my long awaited outback trip in 3 wks, so just want to ask a coupla questions.
*Tracks:
* To Mt. Isa via Chatswood, Duchess, Rifle Crk Reserve?
*From Windorah to Longreach via Jundah Stonehenge, or Alt. route Brindah H.S. up to Tocal?
*See there is a track to Ali Corong, Inmangare, Murray Downs, Ampililatwatja?
Any camping spots in here?
*4wd track after Gemtree to Traphina Gorge?
*Track from C.Pillars to Dalhousie Springs, thru. Frinke(am aware of the grog laws), Mt. Dare , Mt hammersly.?
* Camping at Lk.Everarrd in the Gairdner N.p.?
*We are heading back to Mildura, see there is a sidetrack to Chaffey, Chowilla Game reserve, Rufus River..any know what this is like?
* And then thru. Mumgo N.P. & wondered about a good camp spot away from tourists, & the best track down to Balaranald N.S.W.?
Think that's about it, appreciate any advice or help with these questions,
I have read the track repeorts etc on your site, but thuoght after the rains up there a few months ago, I wanted a update more recent feedback.
Thanks ,
cheers, Boots.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Diesel 1 - Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 07:18

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 07:18
G'day Boots,

Can't help you with specific track info, but you need to be aware that the centre has experienced a lot of rain in recent weeks that would have made some tracks impassable. There are still some trouble spots around the QLD/NT border area which will dry out reasonably fast, but track damage from washouts could be a problem for a while.

Diesel 1
AnswerID: 61609

Reply By: Member - Stillthinkinaboutit - Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 10:19

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 10:19
Hi Boot's

You mentioned the ' Grog Law's ' for Finke. What is the restriction, I have tried to find more info on this from the various websites and can't find anything. Could you please enlighten me.

Regards,
Mark
AnswerID: 61640

Follow Up By: BOOTS - Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 13:18

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 13:18
Mark,
Well, what I u/stand, you can't take drink in to Finke, (as in your vechile) or drink any nearby either, so figure once we leave C.Pillars, we make sure we don't have any on us at all! If anyone can 'enlighten' me if i have this wrong , appreciate it. I got my info out of books & reading & personal from friends !
Hope this helps Mark.
Boots.
FollowupID: 323141

Reply By: BOOTS - Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 15:16

Friday, Jun 04, 2004 at 15:16
Hi,
Have just taken your advice about roads, have just been thru. the state list on road conditions. Figured a few tracks would be out, but think I'm going to have to re- plan a few parts of my trip & rethink, as a good part of my tracks are closed, but that's travelling. Plenty of Australia to see hey!
Thanks for your responses, Cheers,
Boots.
AnswerID: 61692

Sponsored Links

Popular Products (13)