Fishing at Lawn Hill and above

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 28, 2017 at 19:37
ThreadID: 134386 Views:4850 Replies:2 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Heading up to Adels Grove for 5 days in May. Myself and my dad love our fishing and was just wondering what the fishing is like at Adels Grove?? what can you catch, what bait you need etc and whats the likely hood of catching anything?

Also any other spots around the place we can try?

Thanks
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Motherhen - Tuesday, Feb 28, 2017 at 22:41

Tuesday, Feb 28, 2017 at 22:41
Adels Grove website states

“Fishing” – Try your skill against Barramundi, Bream, Grunters, Perch, Cod, Catfish and more.

No personal experience of fishing there. Small fish were abundant in the waters at Lawn Hill Gorge where they nibbled our toes. We did not see any bigger ones when swimming and kayaking.

Although you cannot fish in the National Park at Lawn Hill Gorge, there are parts of the Gregory River where fishing is allowed.
Motherhen

Red desert dreaming

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 609028

Reply By: Dusty D - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 08:05

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 08:05
Apart from Grunter and Archerfish, there is not much else in the water around Adeles Grove and the same for most inland stretches of the Gregory.

Grunter can be a lot of fun on light spin gear and will aggressively attack just about any lure you throw at them, especially soft plastics.

If you are looking for a feed of barra, better off trying closer to the Gulf in the Leichhardt, Albert or Nicholson rivers, but look out for the mud lizards.

Dusty

AnswerID: 609037

Sponsored Links