EOTrackme functionality

Submitted: Tuesday, Feb 28, 2017 at 22:25
ThreadID: 134387 Views:2522 Replies:5 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
After many issues installing the software and getting it to pick up satellites on my android tablet it finally appears to be working. However when viewing the route on the map there are large sections removed and replaced by straight lines. Some even through large bodies of water. The last trip it didn't even register a journey even though the tablet was on and the software running with satellites detected.
I've had the EO people look at this several times, the last comment was that the issue would be handed over to the IT section and they would get back to me. That was over a month ago and still no reply. My subscription is due soon so it's been nearly a year trying to sort this out. Has anyone else had this issue and can offer a fix before I give up on this and look at other products.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Baz - The Landy - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 06:54

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 06:54
My guess would be that straight lines tend to indicate that the GPS might not have been working or "seeing" satellites...

Cheers, Baz - The Landy

AnswerID: 609035

Reply By: Member - Bazz57 - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 07:18

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 07:18
I check the tablet regularly for satellites and there are always several registered.
Even if that were so then it doesn't explain the trip from Newcastle to Wyangala dam and back not registering at all.
AnswerID: 609036

Reply By: ExplorOz - David & Michelle - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 15:26

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 15:26
What device are you using for this service?

The libraries we use are very well tested and we do not generally have many problems with this type of issue and have hundreds of GPS trace files from the Android client that have no straight lines.

Where do you have the device mounted?

I have an older phone Samsung S4 that constantly stuffs up and it is a faulty GPS in the unit, some of my other test units (china knockoffs) have really slow GPS pickup and they basically do not work well either. But if you have a quality unit with a real GPS (not just the AGPS but has the words GPS or GLONASS) you should not be having any problems with this software.

I honestly think your device is not using a real GPS or has a GPS problem.

Happy to try to help but as I mentioned this program and library are very well tested tried and true code. All issues I have seen on this generally are device related.

Have you adjusted any of the default settings?

Try to remove the APP and re-install then enter you userid and see if that helps at all.

David
David (DM) & Michelle (MM)
---------------------------------
Always working not enough travelling!

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609051

Reply By: Member - William B (The Shire) - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 16:57

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 16:57
Hi,
There might be a difference to a satellte detected and having enough satelltes to give a true reading.
Is there a way on your device to see if there is a proper "fix" on the satellites?
William
Always planning the next trip. VKS-737 mobile 1619

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609055

Reply By: Member - Bazz57 - Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 22:08

Wednesday, Mar 01, 2017 at 22:08
David,
the device I'm using is a Samsung Tab A tablet, it was quite an expensive piece of equipment but not sure of the type of GPS unit. Over the past 12 months I have reinstalled the software a couple of times so I doubt it is the software installation. Nor have I touched any of the default settings.
My biggest disappointment is the lack of response and support promised from the staff at EO. There was one lady who did her best so I will give credit there but after my case was handed over to the techs in the IT section, nothing further.
If it is device related then I wont be buying a new tablet, this one was bought mainly for this purpose as well as on the road use. It has performed well for all other purposes so I'll be looking at Spot or another similar product.
AnswerID: 609074

Follow Up By: Member - Boobook - Thursday, Mar 02, 2017 at 12:49

Thursday, Mar 02, 2017 at 12:49
Same same - S3, Note 2, S5, S7
FollowupID: 878851

Sponsored Links