Submitted: Wednesday, Mar 08, 2017 at 21:42
ThreadID: 134438 Views:2741 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Has anyone here any info or experience on these tracks
Appreciate your help
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Paul B (WA) - Wednesday, Mar 08, 2017 at 22:20

Wednesday, Mar 08, 2017 at 22:20
I haven't been on the tracks you're asking about, personally, but I did visit Peak Charles over the recent long weekend and the section of the Dunn Track in from the north east was alright, albeit with some rough puddles and a few corrugations here and there. We were able to average 50-odd km/hr on it.

The section of the road from Kumarl to Lake King was considerably better, with 80-90 km/hr achieved. This section continues east to intersect with the track down from the Maggie Hay Hill south east over the Honman Ridge.

There is a fair bit of mining and conservation activity around the area of Maggie Hay and Honman so I would imagine those tracks would be passable. The shires of Dundas or Kondinin or the Great Western Woodlands or Wilderness Society people might point you in the right direction. Also the mining company Western Areas Ltd.
AnswerID: 609276

Reply By: equinox - Thursday, Mar 09, 2017 at 21:19

Thursday, Mar 09, 2017 at 21:19
Hi Ghost,

I've been over much of that area however have not been on the track I think you mean since 2008 so cannot advise on recent conditions. Back then the tracks were good, perhaps a little overgrown in some spots.

You can go the back way to Esperance too.

Cheers
Alan

Looking for adventure.
In whatever comes our way.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609302

Reply By: The Explorer - Saturday, Mar 18, 2017 at 13:53

Saturday, Mar 18, 2017 at 13:53
Hello

Sorry for late reply - been out bush. Last went along road south of MMH in Oct 2014 (and two times prior in Dec 2013 and March 2014) so things may have changed but at the time - easy as. Ranges from gravelly/rocky to sand and clay/loam.

There are some obvious mud holes that may get tricky if it rained so check weather records prior to heading out (Hyden or maybe Lake King)
I will be out there again in 1 month (not sure if along that track though) so maybe able to provide an update when I get back.

Cheers
Greg
I sent one final shout after him to stick to the track, to which he replied “All right,” That was the last ever seen of Gibson - E Giles 23 April 1874

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  Send Message

AnswerID: 609487

Reply By: Member - ghost - Saturday, Mar 18, 2017 at 14:09

Saturday, Mar 18, 2017 at 14:09
Thank you to all for the info
if weather is ok will be going at Easter time
will get some picks and track info
and post on forumn
AnswerID: 609488

Sponsored Links