travel companions on Great Central Road

Submitted: Friday, Mar 24, 2017 at 13:19
ThreadID: 134536 Views:2703 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
First time posted for a long time .My wife & I are planning to go to Alice Springs from Geraldton via Great Central Road end of August & were wondering If anyone would like to join us on that section of road. We have Holden Rodeo twin cab towing Jayco StarCraft 17'6" pop-top van.
I am 75 & retired diesel mechanic my wife retired teacher. We plan to take it pretty steady & have a good look around. Have travelled the route before with just a ute & really enjoyed it but a bit too quickly.
We are pretty well equipped including two way radio & are long time members of the VKS737 4wd radio network.
If anyone interested we can arrange contact.
Thank you
Darryl
Back Expand Un-Read 1 Moderator

Reply By: Norm C (WA) - Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 00:15

Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 00:15
Hope you have a great trip You're about a month to early for me.
I'm heading over to Adelaide near the end of September. Makes a nice change from the Eyre highway
Norm
AnswerID: 609804

Follow Up By: darcla - Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 23:15

Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 23:15
thanks for reply Norm . we can certainly do it on out own but sometimes it is nice to travel in remote regions with someone else in case of any problems
Cheers darryl
FollowupID: 879698

Reply By: Member - Judy and Laurie - Friday, Mar 31, 2017 at 07:50

Friday, Mar 31, 2017 at 07:50
Hi, it is good to have company from time to time, we wanted company for the gunbarel a couple of years ago but got no takers so continued on and decided to travel the great central road, when arriving at Warakurna roadhouse met a lovely couple wanting to travel the same road as us , so off we went for the next 4 days had the best time with our wonderful new travel companions. So you never know you may meet someone along the way , travel safe and enjoy
Laurie and Judy
AnswerID: 609821

Sponsored Links