Blog Review: Oodnadatta Track – August 2016

Submitted: Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 14:02
ThreadID: 134569 Views:2566 Replies:1 FollowUps:3
This Thread has been Archived

My Blog Rating: My Rating 5/5

Great Blog Stephen. We travelled from Alice Springs via Finke, Hamilton Station & the Oodnadatta in Aug 2016. We ran through some of the rain as we were leaving Hamilton Station and got stuck in Oodnadatta for half a day when they closed the road. I have travelled the Oodnadatta a few times now, but have not bothered to do any of the side tracks with the exception of Lake Eye North. Your blog has inspired me to to check out some of these side tracks when we do the Oodnadatta again later this year.
Macca.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Position  Send Message

Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 14:29

Thursday, Mar 30, 2017 at 14:29
Hi Macca

Thanks for taking the time to read and and then reply to my blog. It sounds like we must have been in front of you to miss the rain that fell later on in August.

That was the very reason for this trip, to explore the many great features off of the track that we had driven past previous times when we travelled the great Oodnadatta Track.

It is always a great drive and the area if full of history and it is well worth taking your time to see all those special place.

Enjoy your return vist

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609816

Follow Up By: 2 4 T - Friday, Mar 31, 2017 at 08:46

Friday, Mar 31, 2017 at 08:46
Thank you for your blog Stephen. We are going to do the Oodnadatta track this June. Linda
FollowupID: 879700

Follow Up By: Member - Stephen L (Clare SA) - Friday, Mar 31, 2017 at 14:01

Friday, Mar 31, 2017 at 14:01
Hi Linda

Take your time and you will have a fantastic trip.

If you use my blog as a starting point, it will give a good idea of the history of the area and what there is to see.

Cheers

Stephen
Smile like a Crocodile

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

FollowupID: 879702

Follow Up By: 2 4 T - Friday, Mar 31, 2017 at 14:44

Friday, Mar 31, 2017 at 14:44
Hi Stephen,
That is exactly our intension. Looking forward to leaving. Hope the weather is dry and not too cold. We have a snow peak fire for cooking and warmth and I see in some of your photos you have the same. So we are all set for some fun. Linda
FollowupID: 879703

Sponsored Links