Cable haul road

Submitted: Sunday, Apr 02, 2017 at 20:15
ThreadID: 134583 Views:2392 Replies:1 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Planning to travel from the Plumridge Lakes to Queen Victoria spring via the cable haul road and the baseline road to come into the spring from the north. Alternatively to go west from the lakes to pick up the road that goes south and comes out at the junction of the baseline road and the Nippon hwy.
I suppose the question is has anyone been along these roads recently , say in the last 12 months as to their condition. I am well aware that there has been a lot of rain out that way that could have impacted them recently.
Thanks Lindsay.
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Idler Chris - Sunday, Apr 02, 2017 at 22:14

Sunday, Apr 02, 2017 at 22:14
I have been in the area 3 times in the last three years and travelled all the roads you mention. Going west from Plumridge Lakes I believe you have trouble getting past the Tropicana Gold Mine so would advise against that. The whole area is quite sandy so heavy rain would make it boggy for a few days then should be fine again. The first route you mention should not be a problem to well equiped vehicles. Be aware that Vimy have a mining site near the intersection of the Nippon Highway and the Baseline road. The PNC Baseline road west of this camp is used by Vimy and could be closed depending on mining operations at the time. About 50 kms west of the mining camp there is a haul road to the Tropicana Gold Mine which is a private road. Going further west once you cross the Tropicana Gold Mine road is little used and goes to Lake Minigwal. The track south from QVS through Cundeelee to Zanthus is a great drive also. PM me if you want further info.
Chris
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 609870

Sponsored Links