Article Review: EOTrackMe

My Article Rating: My Rating 1/5

I get the attached response from iTunes when trying to download utrackeme beacon - not available in AUS stores- I don't want to buy the app as I have a Hema Navigator. Any ideas how I can use the service on an iPhone or iPad?
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: ExplorOz Team - Michelle - Saturday, Apr 08, 2017 at 13:53

Saturday, Apr 08, 2017 at 13:53
This is not our app (utrackmebeacon) but I'm not surprised as we no longer recommend that app for iOS devices (iPad or iPhone) due to the problems it has storing tracking data when you're offline for extended periods of time. The only iOS (for iPhone, or iPad) tracking option that we know works is the one built into the ExplorOz Traveller App.
Michelle Martin
Marketing & Customer Support
I.T. Beyond Pty Ltd / ExplorOz

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 610033

Reply By: Sand Man (SA) - Saturday, Apr 08, 2017 at 17:29

Saturday, Apr 08, 2017 at 17:29
Moira,

I previously used the uTrackMe app on an iPhone5 and as has been stated by Michelle, there are/were problems with it. For me, this app resulted in 'spurious' trips from Broome to Perth and back and Katherine to Brisbane and back, both of which we did not take.

I am about to venture out on an 8 week trip through the Pilbara, Kimberley and NT regions on a 'half lap' trip from Adelaide and back and have purchased the ExplorOz Traveller app to use with my iPhone6, as we will be outside of cell coverage for extended periods of time.

I will give a report on the success or otherwise of this app on my return.

Bill

I'm diagonally parked in a parallel Universe!

My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 610037

Follow Up By: Moira S (NSW) - Monday, Apr 10, 2017 at 09:49

Monday, Apr 10, 2017 at 09:49
Thank you Bill - I have just bought the new Hema and have the Hema explorer ipad app so didn't want to spend another $50 on another similar app.
We are about to head off to the Kimberley via the Tanami so may see you in the great outdoors :)

Moira
FollowupID: 880011

Sponsored Links