Vic experiences with Guest 4wd

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 13:05
ThreadID: 13486 Views:7856 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all,

Just wondering if anyone has had any dealings with Guest 4WD in Victoria ?

I have been enquiring about suspension setups and they seem quite knowledgeable.

They recommend their own brand of springs(made from somewhere in Adelaide) and Koni Shock Absorbers. (For a GU Patrol)

Any feedback would be appreciated.

Thanks
Phil P
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member - Anne - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 15:26

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 15:26
Hi Phil,

We have had some dealings with them and have found them to be very thorough. We also have friends who deal with them on a regular basis and are very happy with them.

Happy travels
Anne
AnswerID: 61830

Reply By: MichaelR - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 17:17

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 17:17
We bought our suspension setup from Guests as did 3 of our friends including one who has a GU. We are all very happy with the setups. Only problem was with a front Koni giving up the ghost on the Canning. (never will I travel without spare shock-absorbers. Keep your old ones when you get your newies). It was new so can only assume some manufacturing gremlin. Guests were apologetic and replaced it without fuss under warranty, slightly stunned it had occured. I might add we had seen numerous other vehicles with clapped out shockers on the trip-mostly ARB and a couple of Ranchos on the trip. Never forget seeing one vehicle disappearing away from us with the rear constantly oscillating. Occupants must have been fairly sea-sick by Wiluna
If you are planning to load you vehicle to the limit- we have a family of 5, food for 2 weeks or 3, recovery, camping etc etc then I would thoroughly recommend the 21 mm rear springs with about 75mm lift. Vehicle rides flat when loaded They are rough around town so I also have some 19mm which I put in between trips. Easy in a Landcruiser but not sure of GU.
Happy camping
PS Also have my vehicle serviced at Guests and they do a good job. Because they also run outback tours they can test the stuff they sell pretty well.
AnswerID: 61845

Reply By: Snowball - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 17:22

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 17:22
Phil,
I had my Landcruiser 105 serviced there about three weeks ago. Was a good experience, the bill was less than their initial estimate. Am buying some Coopers STTs from them as they offered the best price in the Melbourne area.

I am also discussing suspension with them, their Koni package is slightly cheaper than the best Bilstein package I could find.
They have their suspension fitted to one of their own Landcruisers, suggest you drop in for a test drive.

regards,
Martin.
(no affiliation, yadda yadda)
AnswerID: 61848

Reply By: Phil P - Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 10:49

Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 10:49
Thank you all for your comments !
AnswerID: 61921

Sponsored Links