The latest bulletin

Submitted: Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 15:36
ThreadID: 13491 Views:1881 Replies:5 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi guys,

Well here we are, finally in Marree after an eventful few days. We have been well and truly rain affected. We sat around in Windorah for a couple of days waiting for things to dry out, and then drove to Birdsville. The progress was a bit slow with a few creek crossings, and we waited for some subarus to make the biggest creek crossing, just in case they got bogged. We got to Birdsville safe and sound. Sadly Ruth was in Brisbane, and so though we had the privilege of meeting Ian, no Ruth! However, we had good fun going out to Big Red and having a picnic in the Simpson desert. We also had a very good feed of yabbies! We set off down the Track on Monday, with plans to camp at Melon Creek ....... only it rained, so we decided to go on to Mungarannie. Just as well really, as we were stuck there for the next 3 days! Johnno is a great character, and we enjoyed ourselves, including helping painting the ceiling in the new dining room! Yesterday we slipped and slid our way to Marree. There is serious mud here!!!! Hopefully we can get to William creek tomorrow but the track has been closed (Just for a change). We flew over Lake Eyre this morning which was magic.

More news later, but this is fun!
Happy travelling
Anne and Millny
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Member -Bob & Lex (Sydney) - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 17:12

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 17:12
Thanks for the update Anne, will await your next one. have fun
AnswerID: 61844

Reply By: Member - Ruth D (QLD) - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 19:13

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 19:13
Hi Anne - can't believe I missed you!!! Flew to Brisbane for a $930 haircut! LOL
Glad you are having a good time and that you got some yabbies. Drying out here now - lovely sunny but very cold day here. Some people just came in from Marree - at 7:00 p.m. and said it was 'difficult'. Have a good trip and keep the reports coming.
AnswerID: 61868

Reply By: Des Lexic - Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 20:33

Saturday, Jun 05, 2004 at 20:33
Sounds like a fun trip Anne. At least the next few days will be dry. Where is your next port of call.
AnswerID: 61878

Reply By: Eric from Cape York Connections - Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 08:03

Sunday, Jun 06, 2004 at 08:03
Ann sounds like your having fun.
We got caught at mt dare for 3 nights about 4 years ago and had a ball.
When last at marree we had driven through a dust storm about 35ks accross.
It was a great trip.

All the best
Eric
AnswerID: 61916

Reply By: Cina Troopy - Monday, Jun 07, 2004 at 09:10

Monday, Jun 07, 2004 at 09:10
Hi Anne,
As a newie, a lot of the technical stuff in here goes straight over my head, LOL, and no I am not blonde, I read your post with interest. I have today found a few females posting I thought at first it was all boys and their toys, LOL. Look forward to reading more of your trip.

[ View Image]
AnswerID: 62025

Sponsored Links