Ranger lemon? Bt50 engine fail!

Submitted: Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 10:45
ThreadID: 134911 Views:5162 Replies:2 FollowUps:1
This Thread has been Archived
I've been reading the ranger lemon thread. Haven't seen any comments on engine failures.
I have a 2012 BT50 , @ 62,000 k the engine died, apparently had no compression in no. 3 . The dealership/Mazda replaced it , great result as it was overtime on warranty, but at 62,000 you would hope this would be the case. Certainly would have been very unhappy if they didn't look after it, I have owned 2 bravo's and 5 BT50's .
Of course when it happened, it was the "first" one , but since have been at the dealership and mechanics told me there has been more, there happened to be another one there at the time.
There has been no information passed onto me from the dealership as to what actually happened to it. I just hope the new engine does more than the last one.
Few other small issues, but generally a good vehicle. Crappy radio biggest annoyance!
As other posters have said all brands have issues, so what would I replace it with anyway?
Anyone else had this type of failure?
Cheers
Shane
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Idler Chris - Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 11:23

Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 11:23
Hi Shane, crappy radio common to most, for a few hundred an aftermarket unit is great and an easy fix. Agreed any vehicle can develop problems, the real issue is which car companies stand behind their products. You have had a good result, good on Mazda.
However there are independent surveys of customer satisfaction with car companies and the facts are that Ford and Holden fair very badly.
If I was to want to buy a Ranger I would take along the latest survey and show the salesman and if I did not get a decent discount because of it, then there would be no deal. If consumers continue to buy from companies that do not stand behind their products, then they have no one but themselves to blame IMHO
What other people think of me is none of my business.
Do unto others what you would have them do unto you.

Lifetime Member
My Profile  My Blog  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 611265

Reply By: rumpig - Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 19:59

Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 19:59
You need to reread the thread...I posted in that thread regarding a mates old man that got a new short motor in his Ranger under warranty, after a main bearing went in his. He was told his isn't the first it's happened to, but no idea how many have done it.
AnswerID: 611283

Follow Up By: Member - shane r1 - Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 20:05

Sunday, May 21, 2017 at 20:05
Yes rum pig I did see that. I am inquiring to see if there is a common fault or not. The dealership I use indicated others did the same as mine , that is , losing compression in one cylinder. Nothing to do with a main bearing. No doubt there are failures from various other issues as well.sorry I didn't make that clear.
FollowupID: 881303

Sponsored Links