Twine shower

Submitted: Monday, May 22, 2017 at 20:43
ThreadID: 134927 Views:4382 Replies:4 FollowUps:0
This Thread has been Archived
Hi all has anyone fitted a twine or glind shower in a79 series any help would be appreciated
Back Expand Un-Read 0 Moderator

Reply By: Baz - The Landy - Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 06:38

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 06:38
Previously had a twine on my Landrover, and considered it for my 79 Series, but in the end went for a simply 12 volt pump and heat water on the fire. I found that works well and far more cheaper.

Might be worth considering?

Good luck out there, Baz - The Landy
AnswerID: 611324

Reply By: Member - ACD 1 - Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 10:00

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 10:00
Hi Liegh

What type of information are you after? Your opening post is a little vague!

Do you want specific fitting instructions?
General advice on reliability?
Advice on whether they are worth fitting?

Etc etc

I have a Glind fitted to my 100 series (I know it's not the same as a 79). It was simple enough to fit in terms of cutting into the heater hoses and fitting the pump. The hardest part was finding somewhere to mount it. I ended up making a custom bracket (that utilises exsisting captured nuts) that fits across the top of the fire wall. Tight fit but it works well in that it doesn't interfere when working on the motor.

I don't use it that much, because I have a diesel system in the trailer. But when I do independently camp, it works well - so long as you keep water up to it (for a family of 4). The Nagivator usually gets to washing the childerbeasts and herself, while I set up camp. We normally wash in a bucket/bowl and then wash down with the shower. It does feel nicer than tipping a bucket over your head. The rinse water is collected and becomes the wash water for the next person.

If you have the space and the extra cash, I think they are worth it - if you are camping in that sort of way. Quick fit bras fittings make it super simple to set up. Washing while the engine is still hot is important - get down to washing ASAP after arrival (I wouldn't start the engine just to have a shower).

Hopefully this is the type of advice you are after - or you could add some extra info for people to follow.

Cheers

Anthony
AnswerID: 611329

Reply By: Member - bungarra (WA) - Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 11:45

Tuesday, May 23, 2017 at 11:45
Yes I fitted a Glind to my '79 series.

It took a lot of thinking and searching but in the end it worked out well. Owing to the lack of room and the second battery the only way it worked was the heat exchanger mounted across on the fire wall. I used existing mounting threaded holes and made one customized shaped bracket to get one end firm and stable.

I mounted the pump over on the drivers side near the 12v take off...once again with a custom shaped bracket.

I used a quick release fitting for the shower hose.

I have since sold that vehicle and don't have pictures to help you but knowing the position nominated do work you might get a idea.
Life is a journey, it is not how we fall down, it is how we get up.
VKS 1341

My Profile  My Position  Send Message

AnswerID: 611332

Reply By: Banjo (WA) - Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 08:32

Thursday, May 25, 2017 at 08:32
I have the same type of installation as the others in my 75.

Paul
AnswerID: 611397

Sponsored Links